Ll 179

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ll 179

In the LL 179 articall on Dave Bickers there is a photo of the introduction of the MX2. In the photo along with Dave are 3 young ladies whose names I can't remember,(memories going a bit rusty but it was back in the mid 60's).
    Can anyone tell me their names and where they are now?

Mike.

This is the photo in question. I too would be intrigued to learn who they are.
    Attached Files
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Photo

Would the lady on the right be a works rider, Irene (or Rennie) Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Sprocket View Post
        Would the lady on the right be a works rider, Irene (or Rennie) Bennett
        Yep you could be right, here are more pics of Renee http://www.reneebennett.co.uk/
        I am sure I have seen this pic somewhere when it had a caption stating who the ladies were. I think the other two worked for Greeves, maybe Renee did at the time, later going on to run her own motorcycle shop.
        Renee rode a Greeves in the 1967 Scottish 6 Days & was Best Lady Rider http://www.reneebennett.co.uk/more-action-pics.php
        Last edited by John Wakefield; 21/10/2014, 09:38 AM. Reason: Another link added

Comment

You could be right about the ID you know!

Incidentally Renee rode a Greeves in the ISDT in Sweden in 1966. No medal though.
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Photo

Think see rode that as an independent on a bike from the family motorcycle business.

Comment

identities

Hi all,

From my rusty memory of the mid 60's when I worked in the service dept'/ comp shop I thought they all worked in the spare parts dept'.

Mike.

Comment

identities

I agree with Mike, I think they all worked in the spares dept or the offices. I'm pretty sure that the blonde lady isn't Rene Bennett.

Druid

Comment

Photo

Yes Druid I agree I don't think the one on the right is Renee Bennett...John P.

Comment

Renee Bennet

I don't think it's Renee either, but I can see the similarity.

Comment

Working...
                    X