Greeves Griffon 250 - Stolen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeves Griffon 250 - Stolen

A request for help from GRA members. Mike Bell - our current Greeves Championship Challenger class winner - has had next seasons' mount - a 250 Greeves Griffon Stolen.

Pictures attached - It is fairly standard - but clearly has an Ally QUB tank painted - and black Hubs. If any members spot this bike for sale please contact
    me on the Forum and send a PM.

John - appreciate - as you watch ebay - and other auction houses if you could keep an eye out.

All help appreciated - Mike is gutted...........Luckily other bikes still intact.
    Cheers Kim
    Attached Files

Scum just scum....

Hi Kim,

Hope you're keeping well mate.

Really sorry to hear about this......

Hope Mike gets his bike back, and I wish 'something else' for the theiving scumbags responsible......and it 'aint a nice comfy cell with an X-Box......

I will put the word out.....

Brian.
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 18/10/2014, 06:53 PM. Reason: Letter f added to comfy.....it's official...I really con't spill....

Comment

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
      A request for help from GRA members. Mike Bell - our current Greeves Championship Challenger class winner - has had next seasons' mount - a 250 Greeves Griffon Stolen.

Pictures attached - It is fairly standard - but clearly has an Ally QUB tank painted - and black Hubs. If any members spot this bike for sale please contact
      me on the Forum and send a PM.

John - appreciate - as you watch ebay - and other auction houses if you could keep an eye out.

All help appreciated - Mike is gutted...........Luckily other bikes still intact.
      Cheers Kim
      Bad news Kim I will keep an eye out.

Comment

Thanks Brian and John - much appreciated

Thanks Guys - Cheers Kim

Comment

Scum...

Hi Kim,

Sorry to hear of this..

Do you know if Mike took down the bikes numbers? I only ask as If he knows the frame number, engine number and gearbox numbers people will be able to verify the parts.

I did see this bike on ebay a few times, It was on there very recently and I think it was also on there last year with a different seller..

Did Mike have the bike delivered? Seems odd as speaking to him last week I know that he had only just got the bike..

I will also keep my eye out aswell..

Scott

Comment

Hi kim, if it turns up over this side ,in any form, be assured i`ll spot it, quite a few differences on this bike to make it stand out, fork yokes don`t look standard, someone will have moded the swing arm to take the tensioner, theres a plate welded on top of swing arm, front hub/brake assembly is mounted on the wrong side, looks like they have sprayed/powdercoated over the frame plate, different bracketry around the coil mounting, seat cover is not very common, exhaust etc. all this leaves tell tale marks.
            Unfortunately, the bike is probably worth more to break rather than disguised into something else, lets hope this is not the case here...
            Last edited by dave higgins; 19/10/2014, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Thanks Scotty and Higgo

Cheers guys - unfortunately Mike did not note down the numbers in time - but we think previous owner had rebuilt at Hobbitt and Ian Cox knows the previous owner so we should get them one way or another.

Comment

I certainly hope so Kim! We flooded the Facebook for a couple of Trials bikes stolen in Herts, with full descriptions and serial numbers. The stupid twXXX that stole them obviously got the message and dumped them PDQ.

Comment

Kim, I'm just finalising the December Leading Link.

If you can let me have full details, including how the theft came about and when, distinguishing features of the bike, numbers if you discover them and who to contact with information, I will put something in LL. That will pick up the non-forum GRA members.

A picture (Jpeg, at least 200dpi, sized to around 6" x 4") would be great. If you can't resize, just email it to me (email address in LL), I'll probably be able to use it.

Very urgent this; if we want to catch the December LL, I need it in the next couple of days.
                  Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 20/10/2014, 07:49 AM.
                  Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by scott151 View Post
                    Did Mike have the bike delivered? Scott
                    This link about an Albion lorry that went missing after being collected after an eBay purchase by a 'dodgy' haulage company advertising on line is worth reading http://transportartist.co.uk/2011/th...n-lorry-story/
                    Luckily it all got sorted in the end & the lorry was eventually recovered although at some loss the the new owner. It appears that the 'dodgy' haulage company he found on the internet to collect the lorry were picking up vehicles for eBay purchasers & then selling them on to other dealers/crooks. If you are getting something collected by a third party always use someone you know who is honest & reliable.
                    The dodgy company in question was later revealed as Northern Connections 14 Savile Road, Methley, Leeds LS26 9HS, 01977 518301 or 07986711049.
                    Of course they have probably moved on by now or worse still operating under another name.
                    Last edited by John Wakefield; 19/10/2014, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Mikes Griffon

Hi All - and Colin for LL - I checked with Mike and he went up to Durham himself and picked the bike up. The bike was stolen from a shed outside his mothers house in Oxfordshire whilst he was away on business in Scotland last week. - and first realized when he went into the shed this Saturday to work on his bikes.

His two Hawkstones and Challenger were chained together with one big chain - and the Griffon was chained to them with a separate chain. This chain was cut with bold croppers.
                      Still no engine/frame numbers available. yest
                      Cheers Kim

Comment

Thanks Kim, I've got enough to get something in the mag. That painted alloy tank would be a right giveaway, wouldn't it?

I do hope it's found and the culprits brought to book. Mind you, stringing up by the knackers is too good for bike thieves!
                        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
                        X