More photos in the Community section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More photos in the Community section

I have just uploaded a few photos of the Pre-65 MX Club's event at Maylandsea on 21-9-14

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
    I have just uploaded a few photos of the Pre-65 MX Club's event at Maylandsea on 21-9-14
    Good action pics Brian, is it possible to put some captions on the Dave Bickers Day shots ie. To get you started here is info on the vintage bus

1927 Ford Model T 14 seat bus which was new to Bickers, Coddenham (they also ran a bus company, I think it was Dave's father who started it). The chassis of the bus laid in bushes for many years when Dave rescued it around 2000 & built a replica body from photos the family had. He told me that he made the curved bulkhead below the windscreen from a cement mixer drum. Dave used to take it to local rallies

Comment

Came across this pic on Flickr of Dave in 1965 with his Merc car & trailer

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
        Good action pics Brian, is it possible to put some captions on the Dave Bickers Day shots ie. To get you started here is info on the vintage bus

1927 Ford Model T 14 seat bus which was new to Bickers, Coddenham (they also ran a bus company, I think it was Dave's father who started it). The chassis of the bus laid in bushes for many years when Dave rescued it around 2000 & built a replica body from photos the family had. He told me that he made the curved bulkhead below the windscreen from a cement mixer drum. Dave used to take it to local rallies
        If you hover over the pictures with your cursor you will get a brief description of what's going on John.

Regards,
        David.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
          You caught some great action shots there Brian. Nice day wasn't it.

The course was entertaining to ride with plenty of bumps and jumps.
          John A - 268

Comment

yes the course was in fine trim, as long as you remembered the grass is slippery! As you can see from the pics, some people forgot that!

Comment

Originally posted by 46T Sprocket View Post
              If you hover over the pictures with your cursor you will get a brief description of what's going on John.

Regards,
              David.
              Not on the Bickers ones David, just gives the photo number

Comment

We might be on the wrong page here John. Is it this Bickers day album you are referring to?

All of them have captions.

The op by Brian was about Maylandsea pics though? All of them have a brief description too.

All very good too when enlarged. These members albums are a great idea. I love browsing them.

Regards,
                David.

Comment

'This gent' with Jeff Smith and Freddie Mayes (I take it Ian Stonebridge is a descendant of BGS) in the final photo from David's Celebration Day is the remarkable Bob Drane. Bob was a star in Eastern Centre trials in the 50s and 60s, always in the awards and often winning Premiers (in the good old days when we rode all day and everyone rode the same sections). Bob still owns the Greeves Scottish that he rode back then. Now 84, he still leads a group on a weekly basis on the byways of Essex and Suffolk and is riding as well as ever (but not on the Greeves!). It was with this group that David enjoyed riding whenever he could. Along with his great friend, the late Jack Hubbard, Bob Drane was the founder of the Andrewsfield Thursday Club which David enjoyed so much.

Comment

Ian Stonebridge is Brian Stonebridge's son.
                    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by 46T Sprocket View Post
                      We might be on the wrong page here John. Is it this Bickers day album you are referring to?

All of them have captions.

The op by Brian was about Maylandsea pics though? All of them have a brief description too.

All very good too when enlarged. These members albums are a great idea. I love browsing them.

Regards,
                      David.
                      Yes David it is the correct link Brian has now obviously added captions. Thanks Brian

Comment

I thought that may be the case, Colin, but too often nowadays I presume someone is a son only to be told he's a grandson! Ta much.

Comment

Dave Bickers Celebration pics suitably captioned, thanks to Dick H for the info on the gent I didn't know!

Comment

Working...
                          X