Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Condensation build up

Hiya Dave,
    Have heard about this before. When i picked up my copy of Colins book at Battlesbridge i was talking to some one who had made his own cover out of billet ally to cure this problem. What a fantastic job he had done. As i havn't ridden mine yet iv'e i havn't really worried about it. This guy had an outer cover that was fitted with allen keys and the outer cover had a breather hose on it. I have the normal cover that is held in place with a piece of inner tube. I will in the not so distant future modify it to connect a breather pipe. Cheers Mick.

Comment

Motoplatt

Hi andy motoplatt is ok they have a thrystor ignition and hard to start at first in the morning but after charged started they start every time there are a people in redruth (we call it deadruth) who can rewind and inporve starting voltage for them and meagre cost

but BUT there is alternative motoplatt replacenemts ! as the startors fit a lot of bikes (std taper) husky used them bultaco cz maico

gary

Comment

Originally posted by greeves246 View Post
        Hi andy motoplatt is ok they have a thrystor ignition and hard to start at first in the morning but after charged started they start every time there are a people in redruth (we call it deadruth) who can rewind and inporve starting voltage for them and meagre cost

but BUT there is alternative motoplatt replacenemts ! as the startors fit a lot of bikes (std taper) husky used them bultaco cz maico

gary
        Hi Gary,

Do you have the contact details for the guys in redruth? I have a couple of motoplats which need fixing!

Many thanks,
        Andrew

Comment

Motoplatt

HI andy

the people who restore motoplatt BRADFORD IGNITIONS
          heres the link -

When i went to italy for fantic parts for my 300 they had std motoplatt stators with lighting for 60 euros new with rotor !!! they were in a box like you see fruit at supermarket and carbs !

The jumble was in november in linate you fly into airport then cross road book into air hotel then walk up the road and the jumble is next to airport new mikunis and twin gas shocks all good prices !
          some videos of the jumble and free to get in with a english passport !

livemilano, milano, fashion, milano moda, video moda, live in style, emanuele lopatriello, milan, Style, taty rossi

gary

Comment

'White spark'

I have a PVL system fitted to my Scottish and the spark always appears very weak, non existent at times, when checking by my normal method of earthing the plug on the cylinder and kicking it over. Runs and starts Ok though.
            I have never heard of a 'white spark' or seen any reference to it. I am fascinated, does anybody have any further details.
            I have never tried a Champion plug, which one should I go for and why the difference.
            Just a pity that due to spinal problems I am unable to ride the machine as it deserves.

John

Comment

Working...
            X