No announcement yet.

chris goodfellow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just found Chris's article about the comp' shop.
    Having read it I would like to point out that the "Mick" he referred to as getting him into Greeves was in fact me, did I do the right thing? of course I did, we would be lost without his shared knowledge, and it appears that the Ripon trip must have been some kind of initiation ceremony. Because that was my first trip too, in the Austin J2 company van wearing a long length flying coat, provided by my father, the van heater did not work and there was 3 inches of snow on the road! What a first long drive to do, having only ridden a bike to a max' of 40 miles!
    But great fun and I think Dave won the TV meeting, riding his Challenger GP1, after a battle with Jeff Smith. (It was along time ago, results, that is).

Mike.
    Last edited by MikeV; 16/03/2015, 06:58 AM. Reason: Missed a bit.

Comment

Well done Mike, a bit more of the Thundersley puzzle goes together! Several years ago, Chris asked me to scan issues 20 & 21 for him. I guess he must have misplaced his originals.

All these snippets of life in the factory I find fascinating. There is a book around written by a chap that worked for AMC at Woolwich and he detailed all the departments, machine tools and anecdotes and made a fascinating read of it. I think it's high time we got all the Thundersley tales together in one place. As with Chris and Mike, one tale sparks off another and we should really record this.

Comment

Great reading

We celebrated his birthday on 21st March. Its amazing how time marches on.

Comment

Working...
        X