Pathfinder info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pathfinder info

Hi can i get some help again please nearing completion but need speedo drive cable front wheel speedo head correct two stroke mix and oil also gearbox oil thanks in anticipation Sid james

Pathfinder.

Hi Sid,
    Not sure what to suggest about your speedo, if you have the cable use it as a pattern for a new one but don't know where you would get the drive from.
    I put automatic transmission fluid in my gearbox filled to the level plug - I seem to remember something somewhere about 800cc but I only managed about 700 in mine so go steady. This has bee raised here before, try searching pathfinder gearbox oil.
    The info I have on petrol / oil mix is 25:1 which is probably what I put in but as I haven't had it started for a while I can't remember how it was.
    Hope this helps,
    Charlie.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid View Post
      Hi can i get some help again please nearing completion but need speedo drive cable front wheel speedo head correct two stroke mix and oil also gearbox oil thanks in anticipation Sid james

Hi Sid,

I have a front wheel speedometer drive for a Pathfinder if any interest? It is new old stock unused. £23.00 inc post.
      I found that a speedo cable of the length needed to put the speedo head on the fork leg proved to be impossible to find. I eventually made a shorter one out of a longer cable.
      The Pathfinder engine runs happily on anything from 25-1 to 50-1 with a good quality two stroke oil. I've been using Amsoil synthetic @ 40-1 with no problems. The factory originally recommended that ATF (automatic transmission fluid) be used in the gearbox.

There are lots of pics here of my own Pathfinder being restored that might interest you. http://www.davidnorwich.com/GreevesRES.htm

Regards,
      David.
      Last edited by 46T Sprocket; 13/01/2014, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Pathfinder rebuild

Hi David,
        Loved your photo journal about your Greeves in particular the Pathfinder, could we see the finished article please (if/when finished) ?

Cheers
        Colin

Comment

Originally posted by cray View Post
          Hi David,
          Loved your photo journal about your Greeves in particular the Pathfinder, could we see the finished article please (if/when finished) ?

Cheers
          Colin
          Hi Colin,

Will do. I'll update the web page once I get some time. There is not much left to do to the Pathfinder, but I've had to put it on the back burner for a while. I've been spending most of my spare time rebuilding my 1989 MZ road bike. It was stolen recently and recovered by the police in very poor shape. What a mess! - It really should have been declared a write off.

Regards,
          David.
          Last edited by 46T Sprocket; 13/01/2014, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Sid

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
            Hi Sid,
            Not sure what to suggest about your speedo, if you have the cable use it as a pattern for a new one but don't know where you would get the drive from.
            I put automatic transmission fluid in my gearbox filled to the level plug - I seem to remember something somewhere about 800cc but I only managed about 700 in mine so go steady. This has bee raised here before, try searching pathfinder gearbox oil.
            The info I have on petrol / oil mix is 25:1 which is probably what I put in but as I haven't had it started for a while I can't remember how it was.
            Hope this helps,
            Charlie.
            thanks for info hope to have engine back in this weekend

Comment

Pathfinder

Originally posted by 46T Sprocket View Post
              Hi Sid,

I have a front wheel speedometer drive for a Pathfinder if any interest? It is new old stock unused. £23.00 inc post.
              I found that a speedo cable of the length needed to put the speedo head on the fork leg proved to be impossible to find. I eventually made a shorter one out of a longer cable.
              The Pathfinder engine runs happily on anything from 25-1 to 50-1 with a good quality two stroke oil. I've been using Amsoil synthetic @ 40-1 with no problems. The factory originally recommended that ATF (automatic transmission fluid) be used in the gearbox.

There are lots of pics here of my own Pathfinder being restored that might interest you. http://www.davidnorwich.com/GreevesRES.htm

Regards,
              David.
              sorry if this comes through wrong you seem to have a vast knowledge on pathfinder not sure on speedo drive yet will check but desperate to hear it running hit a couple of snags hope you might have ideas for what thread size are the exhaust manifold bolts? I need a rubber for the air filter to carb ? Also I bought universal clutch cable and the crimped end pulled straight off would be gratefully for any contacts or suggestions love pictures ps where did you get tank decals ta sid

Comment

Pathfinder Info.

Hi Sid,

There's loads of help and advice available in the GRA, so why not join the club!

I'm sure you'd enjoy the benefits of being a full member.

Brian T.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
                  Hi Sid,

There's loads of help and advice available in the GRA, so why not join the club!

I'm sure you'd enjoy the benefits of being a full member.

Brian T.
                  not used to these things thought I was get mags regular and all that plus this

Comment

GRA Memership.

Hi Sid,

No worries, let's see if I can help.

Firstly, are you a full GRA member, or have you just registered to use the forum?

Brian T.

Comment

Sid

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
                      Hi Sid,

No worries, let's see if I can help.

Firstly, are you a full GRA member, or have you just registered to use the forum?

Brian T.
                      don't know how to tell thought i was fully paid up? How can I tell

Comment

Hi sid, what brian means, is have you paid the registration fee to become a fully paid up member, from memory, i think its about £20, well worth doing, as it allows you access to factory drawings etc. dave.

Comment

Pathfinder Info etc.

Hi Sid,

If you've sent off your membership form and subs, then that's it. Welcome aboard!

Have you received your welcome letter and copy of 'Leading Link' yet?

Rob Thornton (our illustrious Chairman, aka 'Twinkle Belle'!) is away on holiday at the moment, but when he get's back in a week or so you can drop him an email and he'll upgrade you on the forum to full 'GRA Member'. That will give you full access to all areas of the forum.

Meanwhile, here's a bunch of links to info on Pathfinders;

Greeves trials models, e.g. Scottish, Scottish Twin, Anglian, Pathfinder, Wessex, Scottish Special, ISDT machines.

Greeves trials models, e.g. Scottish, Scottish Twin, Anglian, Pathfinder, Wessex, Scottish Special, ISDT machines.

There you go Sid! That should give you something to look at. Incidently, the best place to post specific machine enquiries about your Pathfinder is in the 'Trials Machines' area of the forum, rather than 'General Greeves Chat'. Don't worry though, you'll soon get the hang of it.

Kind regards,

Brian T.
                          Last edited by Brian Thompson; 19/01/2014, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Pathfinder Tank Badges.

Hi Sid,

Regarding your query about Pathfinder tank badges, I picked these up at the GRA AGM a couple of years ago (see attached pic.) Very nice reproductions these, correctly printed on good quality thick silver foil.

I know the club had a few made up at some time, but don't know if there are any still available. Might be worth contacting the GRA Regalia Officer. Last I heard it was (GRA Vice President) Peter Smith who was looking after that area, his contact details can be found in 'Leading Link', page 1.

Hope you manage to find some, and good luck with the rest of the rebuild.

Brian T.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Brian Thompson; 20/01/2014, 01:16 PM. Reason: Pic attached.

Comment

Thread reinstated.

Thanks Colin, there you go Sid.

Just for info Colin, interestingly, when the thread was reinstated the pic I'd attached to the last post I left for Sid (of some Pathfinder tank badges) didn't reappear....

I've re-uploaded it for Sid so no problem, but strange it did that.

Brian T.

Comment

Working...
                              X