Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Return Of The Inevitable Slightly Festive Caption Competition, The Sequel, Part1.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Return Of The Inevitable Slightly Festive Caption Competition, The Sequel, Part1.

Seasons Greetings, fellow cap comp fan!

Yes, it's that time once again, as we (both) inexorably turn our attentions to the latest dubious offering in this lamentable series of journeys down the cul-de-sacs of merth and merriment.

Seasoned 'cap compers' (both of you) may have noticed from the title that this year will see a slight break with 'tradition'....Due to 'unprecedented' demand (i.e. never had any before), further 'Christmas Crackers!' may be forthcoming as a special treat, served up as usual with lashings of cheese and tongue firmly in cheek....just don't blame me if they're all jacobs...

Some may even be slighty festive....!

Have fun!

Brian T.

To begin.....

Dutch visitor Smog Vanderbiljt nearly made the summit in the Greeves Days UK 2014 Hillclimb, but inevitably, the GRA Mobile Hospitality Unit curry suddenly kicked in and he suffered a catastrophic blowout...."Run chaps, run....!" (Smog was thankfully unhurt in the incident, and was heard to quip on his way to the medical tent...."Yar, I'm jusht a wild and crayshie guy!!")

Here's the latest picture from the set of the controversial new Ridley Scott sci-fi blockbuster epic 'Deliverance II, The Trail Ride - Attack Of The Psycho Rambler'........."It's no good, that's the last one, we've got nothing left to throw at it....NOTHING can stop it now....!!!"

The 'bike tossing' special test at the 1958 ISDT was quickly removed following concerns that spectators were standing too far away to see all the action...

From the early days of uphill bungee jumping, this pic shows that initial attempts to use motorcycles to gain the required velocity often proved too much for the poor quality elastic available at the time...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 19/12/2013, 10:32 AM. Reason: Pic attached.

Crackers

Jesus Christ. They said they cleared all the mines

Comment

Early designs of expansion chamber lead to rather peaky power bands!

Comment

With Cheese!

Good ones Mick, Andy - thanks for 'chippin' in!
        Last edited by Brian Thompson; 18/12/2013, 05:01 PM. Reason: More drivel!

Comment

Under modern Trials rules, that's probably still worth claiming a "Clean"!

Comment

sorry marshall 'ad sprouts for us tea last nite

Colin

Comment

The return of the inevitable festive competion

The rider pondering after his airborne adventure, thinks to himself , when my grandson in 2013 attempts this hill, on his Bantam or other trick bike he will be blindfolded, and still say its to easy:

Comment

well its a start.

Disaster looms!!! as spectator seymoor ruggs, prototype magnetic toupee, draws more than admiring glances on the greeves day hill climb....

Comment

and i tryed again.

Greeves day organisers regret running the hill climb so close to the new dyson testing facility.....

Comment

To follow on from brokeabolts theme

You see the little fella in the background, between smog & the bike? well thats the guy thowing the grenades!!!...

Comment

Seymour suddenly realised he had added too much hydrogen to his inflatable motorcycle. He would need to remember to reduce this for his next subject, the inflatable sheep.

Comment

Despite explicit warnings, the spectators still insisted on standing within the 500 yard exclusion zone of Dangerous Dick's second run!

Comment

I'm dreaming of a Moorland Blue Christmas....

Excellent work men!!

.....but seeing as it's Christmas.......Part 2 lurks in wait here.....!; http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...ead.php?t=4131

Brian T.

Comment

Hang on a minute! Let me have a go at Part 1.

One of the side effects of using AvGas ........... vertical takeoffs and landings.

Comment

'Hang on!!!!'...see, that 'works' as well....!

Hi John, another goodie there!

You'll have to be quick though.....I've heard a rumour that Pt 3 is due very soon.....!

Brian.

Comment

Working...
                              X