greeves day uk.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greeves day uk.

I know this subject has been mentioned before, but is there any interest in a type of greeves day uk?
    Something like a two day gathering, possibly along the lines of a gra social meeting, bring your bike/bikes, a few beers & a barby, just a get together really.
    I really don`t know how feasable it would be, or where, but just a thought.
    We all talk to each, but as our own sports don`t always cross over, then we never get to see the other side of the coin, just a thought, obviously i would not suggest this unless i was willing to help myself. dave.

greeves day

I think it's a sound idea. I've only been a member since June and have only met about four members so far at Canada Heights. What a fantastic day that was. I believe there was a mention about holding a Greeves day at Golding Barn a couple of months ago. Mick.

Comment

The GRA did have such gatherings in the past, and great fun they were. Jerry Capon must take credit for the ones I went to. Two/three day camping weekends with trials instruction/advice, an easy(ish) trial on each day and a road run. Plus barbeque and beer evening.

You are very dependent of course on someone having the land and the enthusiasm and commitment to make it happen. It ain't easy!

As with the trials series, attendance started to be a problem, largely because of the costs involved, particularly travelling. Sadly that issue hasn't gone away, but if someone wants to give it a try, I'm sure the Committee would be supportive.
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Greeves Day

The Greeves 'gatherings' at Battlesbridge, particularly the factory & GRA special ones proved popular, & it does have facilities for riding bikes & giving demo's etc. & also the possibility for a ride out for trials & road bikes to the old factory site to pay 'homage' Although not of course dedicated club events they do show the make (& club) off to the wider public. Big problem with any event involving a non teritorial club is the distance some would have to travel.

Comment

Battlesbridge is a good event, but it's shared with the Pre-65 Club (No problem) and some noisy music (XXXX). I'll support as much as I can, and put on a photo display of genuine ISDT bike photos....all photos will be 100% genuine!

Comment

Greeves Days

Briqan,
            The arrival of digitisation of photos has meant that the camera does now lie.

At present, in the absence of verifiable provenance such as log books etc, the only chance we stand is by old photos so your collection is a treasure trove as far as I'm concerned.

Get the club to buy Kenny Sykes a plane ticket and he can come and organise Greeves Days.

Druid

Comment

Get's my vote!

Originally posted by druid View Post

Get the club to buy Kenny Sykes a plane ticket and he can come and organise Greeves Days.

Druid
              .....if only.....

Comment

In a similar vein, if a Greeves day can be held in a country the size of the US, then mutterings of distance being a problem over here in the UK pale to insignificance surely!

Comment

Thanks for everybodies thoughts, bit of a mixed bag, but prehaps something to work towards in the future....

Comment

Originally posted by druid View Post
                    Briqan,
                    The arrival of digitisation of photos has meant that the camera does now lie.

At present, in the absence of verifiable provenance such as log books etc, the only chance we stand is by old photos so your collection is a treasure trove as far as I'm concerned.

Druid
                    Very funny guys! I'm in the process now of planning Greeves Days. I really have no clue on what I'm doing!

I just remembered I need to make trophies up!

Comment

Build it and they will come....

Kenny!!!!

Dude! We need to catch up old friend....

Still on the same email....?

As far as trophies go, you got it.....just 'make them up'...!

1.) Closest match to 'genuine' Moorland Blue.

2.) Best 'fake' International.

3.) Shortest distance travelled to attend (within the USA.)

4.) Worst food cooked on a barbeque.

5.) Best 'Gronda'.

6.) Most badly adjusted rear drive chain/wheels out of alignment (combined.)

7.) Best knitted sweater with a Greeves logo.

8.) Worst performance of the 'Moorland Blue' anthem. (Simon Cowell Award.)

9.) Coldest and most potent brew served.

10.) Most rusted bottom end rebuild of the year. (must supply pictures to prove it.)

Now, how much is that plane ticket then.....?

Eddie.

Comment

Rawhide! (yee haar!!!)

Dave,

THIS is why we need expertise from our friends on the other side of the pond...

funny ads, cowboys herding cats, who can ever imagine?

Damian.

Comment

197 members read this thread & only 8 people aired there views, so i guess, based on these figures.... just the one pack of sausages & 4 cans of stella will do...

Comment

More beer!

Cheers mate, but what will you be having to eat and drink....?

Brian.

Comment

I won`t have time!!! i`ll be in the states... chasing p***y....

Comment

Working...
                              X