Followed me home.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Followed me home.

I saw this one on ebay several times. Was outbid on one auction, and buyer reneged. I bid on the next auction, and won it for much less! It looks better in person than in the photos...except for the seriously cracked muffler. So what do I have, and where can I get the missing levers? Hal in CT

What is the frame number?

Apart from that it looks like a Wessex (Anglian with an iron barrel).

The levers should not prove difficult, Villiers Services should be able to help. Just check that your kickstart shaft is the 3/4" version.

Rob

Comment

It is number 24TJE23#.

Comment

A 24TJ is a Wessex. The American specification was 24TJC. Never heard of a 24TJE though - new one on me! Hopefully, someone out there will know the answer.

Comment

I imagine the Hilgenburgs will have bits and Tammy will be able to help....she has several of the species! Both are much nearer you than Villiers services, so try that side of the pond first!

Comment

It has to be a Wessex, so it's a 1968 bike. The suffix letter on the US models tends to vary depending on the specification requested by the importer (usually by that time Nick Nicholson Motors).

Let's think: it has lights, so how about "E" for Enduro?

Tammy might know, she has two and one of those has lights.
            Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
              It has to be a Wessex, so it's a 1968 bike. The suffix letter on the US models tends to vary depending on the specification requested by the importer (usually by that time Nick Nicholson Motors).

Let's think: it has lights, so how about "E" for Enduro?

Tammy might know, she has two and one of those has lights.
              It is a Wessex. This may be an east coast "Randy Wilson spec Wessex" with lights. I've checked in the Nicholson Motors archives and have the spare parts list for "export specifications" Anglian and Wessex Trials models". The only "E" specified is an Anglian with Telescopic forks.

Regards,
              Ken Sykes
              Attached Files

Comment

Ah yes the infamous Randy Wilson who also produced the non factory spec
                32DC East Coaster
                Last edited by John Wakefield; 12/11/2013, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Nice BIKE!! Not too bad shape either!

Grizzy my American Specification Wessex with 24TJC183, we found her in the state of Wyoming, Casper. We got her along with the Ranger, obviously they had been out in the WY weather many years! The guy swore they were his uncles. His uncle had done some painting for a gentleman that had the 2 bikes. His uncle took the bikes in lieu of cash payment for the job. That guy had gotten both the bikes from a dealership in Casper, WY. But NO PROOF at all! She had head light, tail light with brake light and speedo, also insane 72 tooth solid rear sprocket!

The Brittish Specification Bike is 24TJ219. We got her with a Pathfinder out of British Columbia. We got a ton of paperwork including a brochure that listed the British and American Specification Wessex's and all the technical data for both...only differences were the tank size and the air filters.

That's all I know
                  We often wondered if the c wasn't for CA??

The brochure didn't mention lights, but as has been said the options were many
                  Our Eleanor, the MCS had a speedo...got the blown up version of the add that states on the Scramblers or the Specials you could get mufflers and or speedo

GREAT FIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never heard of an "E" in the frame either?
                  Last edited by tammyanddaveky; 12/11/2013, 10:51 PM.

Comment

I suppose if "C" could be for CA and indicate a Nicholson-ordered bike, Kenny could be right and "E" is for an East Coast bike ordered by Wilson..?
                    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
                    X