Photo of Greeves Design and Development Staff 1953

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo of Greeves Design and Development Staff 1953

I found this picture on craigslist.com and thought it might be of interest....not sure the TFS Trail bike was 'rebuilt and restored by a REAL ORIGINAL (have pictures) Greeves factory engineer' see http://boulder.craigslist.org/mcy/4047008397.html
    Attached Files

Greeves Team

Interesting photos Paul.
    I don't know about design and development team, I would suggest that the photo is of the entire factory staff, unfortunately not very many still with us.

The photo of the rider no.9 looks like Peter Vine who, along with Frank Byford, formed the original "works" team.

As for the bike, "caveat emptor"

Druid

Comment

There are quite a few copies of this photo in the GRA archive, all labelled up as "Design and Development Team 1953". I think Druid is right though.

The 20D and the 20S must be pretty much the first one's made - the photo was obviously taken in summer, and the bikes weren't actually announced until the Earls Court Show, November 1953.

Second left as we look at the picture is John Collins. Centre with hand in pocket is John Ralling. Derry Preston Cobb seated in centre with Bert Greeves standing. To the left of Bert is Alan Fletcher.

Second right is Frank Byford and next to him, part hidden, is Ron Davidson. In front of him in the white coat may be Rich Bell.

Sixty years ago...
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Here's the other photo Paul mentioned.

I can't identify the rider positively. It isn't Frank Byford.

In most archive shots of Peter Vine he wears a dark-coloured helmet.
        Attached Files
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
        X