alloy tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alloy tanks

A lot of these alloy fuel tanks appearing from india, for griffons etc, at what seems like a reasonable price, anyone bought one?.
    I guess you get what you pay for, but if any body that has bought one & has any feedback on them, then i would be interested to hear what you thought of them...., dave.

Where are these advertised Dave? I know my local restaurants haven't got any!

Comment

No rob, your local eatery would not have them!, they are made of alloy, not cat meat? you can find them on ebay, under greeves & numerous other manufactuers parts auctions!

Comment

Dave ,

I had several steel Goldstar tanks , looked good from a distance but close up the shape was wrong and the centre tunnel was 1" too wide .

The Indian makers have suddenly realised that they were being sold too cheap and the prices of alloy & steel tanks have doubled .

Chris

Comment

Alloy tanks are available from HoltWorks based in Maylandsea, Essex:

http://www.holtworks.co.uk/contents/en-uk/d30.html

The tanks are made in their workshop in Maylandsea.

Haven't a clue how much the tanks made in India are, however, most of the HoltWorks polished alloy tanks cost in the region of around £350 + fuel cap + fuel tap price.
          Michael Eustace - www.classicmxrider.com

Comment

Michael ,

There are two Holtworks alloy tanks for Greeves on e-bay at the moment ,standard Griffon shape at £402 & a Mk2 Griffon tank at £415.

If you want quality it costs !!! .

The Indian tanks are between £100 & £200 .

Chris

Comment

Holtworks do make superb tanks, & if the bike was going to have a gentle life, i would buy one, but i can`t justify spending that much money on a tank which is going to be flogged round a mx circuit.
              Sods law you would drop it in the first corner....

Comment

Trouble is Dave you would need to wipe the yoghurt out of the tank before you use it, they must be made out of lids from yogs and cottage cheese!

Comment

Brian ,

Not sure I understand your comment .

Chris

Comment

Chris, I'm suggesting the Indian ones are made out of cheap recycled ali, probably not to a proper spec.

Comment

OK , with you now , the Holtwork tanks are made of a very thick alloy , the bike would probably bend before the tank .

Chris

Comment

Alloy tanks

In fact they say they are 2mm thick, probably twice as thick as original TES, MDS, don't know about Griffon's...John P.

Comment

alloy tanks

I emailed them there very friendly and asked if they would make one with bigger filler neck for the twist 2.1/2 top instead of the flip cap monza or later bultaco type top they were keen to help and if i provided the neck they would fit it for me !

seems good but like chris said the shape might be slightly off like the enfield connie tanks that are more like a meteior tank.

gary g

Comment

Working...
                          X