Battlesbridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice one Dave, put as only you can, and so very frequently do
    Afraid I couldn't be there this year, hopefully somebody will let us know just how hot and good it was. Unfortunately I had to stay home and paint the stairs and landing, it was hell in the shade with a cool breeze wafting through with the odd cold beer served up just to keep me focused.

Comment

battles bridge

no one with a invicar then rob ?

did dave harper run the 500 ?

Comment

Battlesbridge

Hi all,
        Firstly my apologies for not coming over and introducing myself yesterday(think the heat melted my manners) although i did speak to a guy with a long ponytail who invited me to put my finger in a pot of royal blue sherbet dip(lousy taste). Unfortunately i wasn't feeling to good and had to leave though not before i had a good look at the greeves there. The bikes on display were superb but i must say the oulton was brilliant. At least i managed to get my swing arm bushes from Terry so now i can go ahead with getting the frame powder coated. I shall be going to the next kempton park jumble so will speak to you then.
        Regards.
        Mick

Comment

Hello Adrian, and I think I can say you missed a good 'un, hot though it most certainly was. The demo patch got a tad dusty, too, so you've probably given your lungs a longer life span than those who were there.
          It was particularly pleasing to see some "old faces" circulating the track, Ian Webster, Chris Hux, Mike N and Mark up from Southampton, and Jim Shep to name but a few! Ian has lost none of his scrambles touch, despite his recent successful foray into trials riding! And it was most pleasing to catch up with Julie, looking so much better than the last time.
          Chris still has a good range of Greeves competition bikes for sale, and Greg was certainly going well on Chris's old Hawkstone ............... Watch out you Pre 60 thumpers!

Comment

battlesbridge

A good weekend and evening, I wont go down the machine reliably road, I think Rob has covered this in his report! anyway a thanks to entertainment provided by Barry Keymer etc and for his sleeping draught it was the best nights sleep I have had in years, thanks again too Dave Harper, for all the work he and his team , had to do in giving us this days enjoyment. Dicky

Comment

Battlesbridge

Dick,
              Nice to see you and Rob venturing outside of wildest Sussex, I'm glad you had a good time.
              Unfortunately, apparently not everyone enjoyed the late night/early morning revelries as much as the participants.

Druid

Comment

Despite being away from the Greeves and pre-65 scene for a few months, I managed to get to Battlesbridge at the weekend.

What a great event it is, great for kids too.
                Stick 'em on the bouncy castle and hit the beer tent. Unfortunatly I found it a tad too hot, and ended up skulking in the shadows

Seeing that cafe racer on the Greeves stand may well have inspired me to acquire another Greeves - I'll keep you posted....

Cheers,
                Andrew

Comment

Hi Andy, never mind that café racer, where have you been all this year with that very competitive Challenger! Young Scott has been pining, 'cos he's had no one to race with.

Comment

Originally posted by ADickerson View Post
                    Hi Andy, never mind that café racer, where have you been all this year with that very competitive Challenger! Young Scott has been pining, 'cos he's had no one to race with.
                    Hi Adrian,

I apologise for my absence!

I've had a bit of a complicated year, firstly the Challenger gearbox packed in last year, and the main bearings needed changing, then my Dad moved in with us - he has dementia. All more or less sorted now, the bike just needs assembling, so hopefully I can get riding again later in the year.

Cheers,
                    Andrew

Comment

Hi Andy, Sorry you've had a difficult year. Quite right to take time out to sort the important things in life, families must come first after all. But glad to hear we haven't lost your presence entirely and I look forward to seeing you back in the saddle before too long!

Comment

Druid,

Glad I don't remember any 'revelries' as that means I might not have been there!

I think I felt a bit rough on Sunday due to the heat!

Rob

Comment

I think the heat got to me, as I managed to delete the photos taken there. I think I know what happened, so a change of download procedure is being implemented!
                          An enjoyable day nevertheless, not counting the usual trip round the M25!!!!

Comment

I think the heat must indeed have got to you Brian, as you usually manage to capture us Scramblers perfectly, unless of course the Roadsters were a bit quick for you!

Comment

Made a big faux pas trying to delete a file from the camera card before downloading the BB pics. Although I was clicked on to the unwanted stuff, everything went off the card in one hit........I said a few unusual words!!!!!!
                              MORAL: Copy the file, then check it's copied properly, then delete from the camera. Never delete ANYTHING (not even duff shots) before it's proved to be copied.

Comment

Battlesbridge

Has anyone got photos of the riders at Battlesbridge? Dave Harper is after some photos especially of the grasstrack.

Druid

Comment

Working...
                                X