Griffon Gremlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scott (and Phil),

Just before the bike behaved itself, I dug out a complete Motoplat set-up from my 380. I think that and the appearance of the 'Faith Healer' frightened it more than being ridden by Dangerous Dick!!

We have the Somerton 2 Day trial to contend with now but next week I will try it again and if it still works, take it over the road to the farm and thrash its nuts off!

If it still works, I will get Dangerous up to thrash its nuts off and if it survives that it must be OK!

If not, coil first then stator.

Thanks for your advice!

Rob

Comment

griffon trubles

Hi out of hibernation

My dad always said if the motor dies check plug if wet then ignition problems if dry fuel problems, i always had faith in the steffa set up when re wound l/t coil 400 winds sw22 gauge polyester coated wire then shellac not a repro condenser (either they break down after two years !) was very reliable.

i pushed my scottish futher than it ran then discovered setting the ignition right

keep us posted rob of trials and troubles

Comment

Well, Dangerous Dick has been up and tested it and it runs fine! We've given it a good thrash around the field before remembering the brand new piston and bore!

Dick has now taken it home and reports first-kick starting and no probs!

It is now going to Battlesbridge for a further thrashing (and the bike!)

Comment

Seizing is good.............

In the days of Class 4 kart racing, when air cooled moto cross engines were the thing to have, a cylinder was thrashed from new until it nipped up. Only then was it finely honed, given a fresh piston and rings and deemed suitable for racing.

So, Rob, don't worry about Dick caning you pride and joy.............

Comment

Working...
          X