Is this a GRAGUAR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a GRAGUAR?

Look at the front forks, they seem to have both rubber and coil units.
    Attached Files

Well spotted brian, & if you look really carefully just behind the steering head! you will see that someone has very subtly mounted a transverse tank engine...

Comment

The rider is either a brave man or a fool or both as the rubber bushed Greeves leading link forks were never designed to take that weight or stress. The rider was Alan Thompson & the engine is the 3.4 litre straight six (not the V12 as used in the Scorpian light tank). More about this & other drag specials http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=d...20bike&f=false
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 02/05/2013, 05:57 PM. Reason: Extra info & link

Comment

I am very sorry john, i didn`t read that particular issue of "what tank monthly!"
        As for the rider, is he brave or is he stupid!, it could be he`s just taking the p***.

Comment

Just imagine popping a wheelie and landing to find it's all bending!!!!

Comment

Reminds me of the old song; "I've never seen a straight banana"!
            Colin Sparrow

Comment

The engine seems to take up the Lion's share of the bike -

Comment

Nothing about this bike seems usable, wheres the fuel tank, gearbox/ final drive assembly,battery, cooling system, starter, the front twin down tubes appear to run through the sump, etc.
                I would like to see the other side, definately got a sense of humour though..

Comment

Dave, it's a drag bike.....almost anything goes! Fuel tank, above front wheel in lieu of headlight! Gearbox ?, Clutch, sticking out on left side, see twin cables at bar. Battery, PASS. cooling probably filled in the block with no rad. Starter, not required as roller started. Down tubes look welded to sump....handy when doing engine strips! Do you remember the Drag-Waye?
                  Last edited by Brian Catt; 03/05/2013, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X