Gordon Barker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gordon Barker

Regarding the shock discovery of gold in them thar carb floats - has anyone got the contact details for prospective dodgy bullion dealers.
    I knew one day that an impulsive purchase some 30 odd years ago would one day bear fruit.
    I must now admit to being the successful bidder for Villiers entire stock of brass carb floats, bought as a single lot at the factory clearance sale only for the brass content.
    Just goes to show everyone gets lucky one day, as these things go I never got round to weighing them in at a scrapyard and they have been left almost forgotten in a farm outbuilding all these years - how lucky is that? The total weight of my float purchase was about five hundredweight.
    Thank you once again O Wise Greeves person for yet another trinket of knowledge - makes renewing my Subs a certainty.
    I would like to offer Club members a chance to share my good fortune and I am open to reasonable offers for 1 Kilo lots, please include carriage costs to cover the value of same.
    I have fitted one of these floats to '250JEV' my 1956 registered Ex Bert Greeves Villiers 2T engined 'Fleetwing' prototype and have adjusted the insured worth of the bike correspondingly.
    Once again thanks for the info and also the continued top quality of the 'Leading Link'
    Regards
    Gordon Barker

I'm looking at getting some Mink lined gloves made for those who are cashing in on this windfall.

Comment

Working...
    X