New Book on Greeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Book on Greeves

As some of you will have heard, I have received a commission from a publisher to write a new book on Greeves motorcycles. I won’t go into too much detail at this early stage except to say that it should be published in early 2014. Work is well under way though.

We have agreed on the approach, which I intend to complement the Rob Carrick / Mick Walker book rather than rival it. The story of Greeves will be told year by year with details of all the models and the surrounding historical context.

A good number of colour photographs of restored machines will be needed; I’ve already embarked on taking the pictures, and will be getting in touch with machine owners to arrange photo shoots. Much of the photography will have to wait until the spring though, simply because of weather and light considerations.

Work is under way and I will be in touch with “those in the know” as I move through the years.

If I’m stuck for a particular model to photograph I’ll put out a request on the forum or in Leading Link. It’s interesting, it’s hard work and I intend that we’ll end up with something worthwhile.
    Colin Sparrow

Great news Colin - sounds very exciting! Let me know if you want any photos taking from this side of the pond. Will there be a mention of the the USA Greeves participation in the ISDT? Paul

Comment

I'll be sending Colin a few bits to include, they might just include some ISDT bits!

Comment

Thanks Brian - looking forward to a great read! Can I reserve a copy now

Comment

Originally posted by pgc40 View Post
          Great news Colin - sounds very exciting! Let me know if you want any photos taking from this side of the pond. Will there be a mention of the the USA Greeves participation in the ISDT? Paul
          You think I'd leave out Nick and LLoyd? Don't worry, the US is an important part of the story.

All offers of help welcomed. At some point I will need photos of the US-only models. I have both types of Ranger lined up over here, but 24MX6 and TT Challenger etc. will be needed.

Lots of writing to do first though...
          Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 04/10/2013, 03:28 PM.
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Modern greeves

Hi colin sound a really interesting job to do !! Will you be including anything on the modern Greeves by Richard Deal ??

Comment

Originally posted by STEVE A View Post
              Hi colin sound a really interesting job to do !! Will you be including anything on the modern Greeves by Richard Deal ??
              I haven't decided yet - long way to go still. I wouldn't exclude the idea at this stage, it depends how the book evolves.
              Colin Sparrow

Comment

Just by way of an update: The copy for my book "Greeves Motorcycles - The Complete History" went to the publisher yesterday. On time!

Publication is scheduled for some time around June 2014.

Many thanks to everyone who helped me with this project. You know who you are, folks!
                Colin Sparrow

Comment

A bit of a contrast to the ISDT1968 book! It was sent to the printers about 2 weeks ago and he is selling copies at the ISDE paddock. Anyone interested, contact me in a week or so.....

Comment

New book

Hi Colin,

Congratulations, I'm looking forward to the book already, put me down for two signed copies already

Regards

Scott #151#

Comment

Congratulations

.........and from me, too, Colin.

I'll bet that's a weight off your shoulders?

Like Scott, I'm looking forward to seeing it in print.

Well done!

John R

Comment

New Book

Colin

Is there a section on "Specials" ?

Phil

Comment

Not as such, but there is of course reference to the way Greeves lend themselves to special building and four photographs of assorted specials.
                          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Just by way of an update, my new book "Greeves - the Complete Story" will be available in June. Amazon are already taking pre-orders, with a projected dispatch date of 23rd June.

We are also intending to sell them through the GRA and will be able to offer signed copies and hopefully a modest discount.

I intend to take a stock to the Battlesbridge Motorcycle Show on 6th July, where of course I will be happy to sign and dedicate copies for anyone who'd like me to.

There will be more detail in the June Leading Link and at the same time I'll put more information on here.
                            Attached Files
                            Colin Sparrow

Comment

New Book

Hi Colin,

Good news on the book, put me and Dad down for a signed copy please.

Im looking forward to battlesbridge already

Regards

Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X