Praise for the DVLA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Praise for the DVLA

Just applied to restore the original registration number to my TES in place of the age-related number a previous owner had obtained back on 1991.

I have the original logbook and rather than send it to Swansea, wanted an authenticated copy. Rang Swansea to see if the local office could do this (you cannot ring local office direct). Chap at Swansea had no idea what I was talking about! Took it to Brighton DVLA office anyway, they understood and produced a copy instantly. John Collard and Pete Smith produced authentication letters having inspected the bike at the AGM (which even has the original engine number).

DVLA sent an acknowledgement by return of post and a new V5c with the original number restored arrived within a week!

I had exactly the same experience with a Royal Enfield recovery a few years back so it is not a fluke!

High praise for John, Pete and ESPECIALLY THE DVLA!!

Rob

Incidentally, this bike will form the basis for Project Leek (see thread under 'Projects'

Praise for the DVLA (LOCAL OFFICES)

Problem will be Rob when the local DVLA offices are closed down as planned. As you say Swansea are as useless as a 'chocolate teapot', but we will be stuck with them in due course. The message has to be if you have a bike that needs a number, or any other DVLA related matter GET IT DONE NOW AT YOUR LOCAL OFFICE BEFORE IT CLOSES!!!!

Comment

Praise for the DVLA

Well done Rob. Are you going to ride it this weekend at Dunsfold?

Comment

Kim275 was going to ride it but he is now at Maylandsea. I may ride it or the Anglian or the Enfield.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
          Problem will be Rob when the local DVLA offices are closed down as planned.
          Funnily enough the posters in the local DVLA office about the closure insist that it is being done so that they can 'deliver' a better quality service...

Comment

Working...
          X