Anglian in the Barbour shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anglian in the Barbour shop

No I'm not joking. So there I was walking along the road just north of Covent Garden in good old London Town. As I walked past the Barbour Shop (not the barber shop) something of note caught my eye. A bike on a plinth just inside the main entrance - red tank, alloy guards, grey frame, challenger barrel. An Anglian in pride of place front and centre.

The bike in question is a TGS on a D plate. Chassis number 24TGSB423. It's not orignal but someone has put big money into it as it has connical hubs alloy rims, chrome spokes, new seat, tank, guards etc. It has a villiers carb and THS exhaust. I would have thought that it would have came direct from the Greeves factory (the current one) using the old frame as a donor. The point being that it is stunning and makes a fantastic centre peice to the shop.

The shop staff were very helpful as as far as they were concerned "it just came with the media package". They said they get quite a few visitirs admiring the bike ........ they even let me take a few photos!

welcome back

Well welcome back to the UK Mike. How about posting a few photos of the bike.

best wishes

Keith
    Dr Keith Beach

Comment

Keith, I think I've managed it. I've created an album in my profile called "Barbour Shop" and they are in there. I've attached the best to this ........ I hope!
      Attached Files

Comment

Barbour Shop

For some reason I cannot access Mikes album 'Barbour Shop' I get the following message. Mike looks like you have set the viewing to 'private & contacts' only. If you want all of us to see it you need to go back into 'Edit Album & set it to 'Public'

John Wakefield, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
        Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
        If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
        Last edited by John Wakefield; 21/11/2011, 10:31 PM. Reason: change of text

Comment

Same message for me.

Comment

Album

John and Brian, it is definately on public view. However, I changed my email address yesterday and had not replied to the confirmatory email. I think this froze by account. Try it now.

Comment

Mike, all OK now. Bike looks good, I wonder if it would go as good as it looks?

Comment

Great photos Mike. Bike does looks good. Thanks for posting them. best wishes Keith
                Dr Keith Beach

Comment

I'm in London again on the 6th Dec. Perhaps I should take a can of fuel and try and fire it up!! Perhaps not though, the ethenol would likely melt the tank!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X