Cleaning rusty petrol tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning rusty petrol tanks

This method for removing rust from a steel petrol tank has recently appeared on the RC forum. Thought it may be of interest here.

16 hrs soak with a mixture of vinegar and diet coke , followed by a swill with hot water and baking soda , followed by a power washing and a final dousing with wd40 , has resulted in a lovelly rust free tank

total cost less than £2

Hic! (again!)

Sounds like the recipie for Gary's special 'home brew'....!

Comment

Garys brew ! Lol

I DID MAKE CIDER KIT ONCE AND MY FRIENDS CAME DOWN ADN DRANK IT ALL
      AND THEN BLAMED ME FOR GETTING THEM DRUNK ! SO THEY SAID AGAIN AFTERWARDS WHATS THE CIDER LIKE I SAID HORRIBLE ! AND DRANK IT ALL MY SELF hic hic !

i have tried cleaning with electrolisis ! very good but i own a sand blast cabinet !

the static that thing produces ! it def wakes you up in the morning !

Comment

Rusty Tanks

Hello I have great success in the us with a product called EVAPO-RUST. If I never used it I wouldn't believe it. I have use it to free seized engines. It Removes all rust on the surfaces. I use it on all rusty tools, chains etc. It is non Toxic,no bad odor. I highly recommend it. Gene

Comment

Ahh Cider sounds delish! You should market that

Here, US side of the pond...I have used the Kreme kit with both aluminum and steel tanks...GREAT success. The MCS had no rust but leaked like a sive...so I skipped prep A step, used B to condition and remove the water, then the Kreme. Has worked greatly...been a little over a year since I did it.

The Wessex...UGGGHHH, solid rust...so I had to do the rust stripping or step A 2 times and let it sit for 48 hrs...all rust turned gray as it should...I then did the rest.

Kit is a little pricey...about $30 us dollars...but very simple and effective.

Not safe to use as Cider either

Good luck guys and take care!
          Tammy in KY

Comment

Working...
          X