The Motorbike Show ITV4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Motorbike Show ITV4

Anyone been watching the Motorbike Show on ITV4. Two programmes fronted by Charlie Boorman lookalike Henry Cole. Mostly centered around the IoM & the TT, a brief interview with Tony East and his ARE Museum, plus restoration of a Honda 550 four. Not bad, but Henry Cole came over as abit of a plonker. Would have been better fronted by Charlie B himself or Steve Parrish. The second programme is repeated tonight at 7pm followed by a repeat of John McGuinness - Breaking the Barrier
    Coverage of the TT was some of the best ever, but spoilt by long advert breaks. Nice to see some decent coverage on TV these days.

Not intending to miss a moment of it, John - but recorded so I can fast-forward the adverts!

Quite remarkable how they get the footage edited and commentary done in time for the programme. They must have been busy today with three events to cover.
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Press pause when the adverts start and play when the adverts finish for a seamless recording.

Comment

TT etc!

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
        Quite remarkable how they get the footage edited and commentary done in time for the programme. They must have been busy today with three events to cover.
        Completely agree! ITV4 have done us proud, and don't forget you can watch all the coverage and documentaries online on ITV Player; http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?...&referrer=home

By the way, did anyone spot the Greeves roadster (an Essex?) on display in the museum on Henry Cole's show? It looked very nice!

Back in the day during my muso years in London, a mate of mine who shared the house with us was the editor on a feature film that Henry Cole made starring Elizabeth Hurley. He asked me to come up with a 'punk rock' treatment of the title track 'Mad Dogs and Englishmen' (Noel Coward) but I didn't have the facilities to do it at the time.... Oh what might have been etc etc....!

Hope Guy Martin wins the senior this Saturday, he richly deserves the top step in my opinion. If anyone is into the TT I would urge you to go and see the new film 'TT3D-Closer To The Edge' at the cinema if they get the chance. I've seen it and it rocks! Possibly the best film made about motorcycling since 'On Any Sunday'. No, really! It's that good! Guy Martin features prominently throughout, and is a complete legend!!! For more info and a trailer click on this link; http://www.tt3dmovie.com/

Brian.

Comment

By the way, did anyone spot the Greeves roadster (an Essex?) on display in the museum on Henry Cole's show? It looked very nice!
          Tony East has a few other Greeves in his ARE collection including the BG Special, & an East Coaster currently under restoration. Think Tony may be a member, are you out there Tony?
          Last edited by John Wakefield; 09/06/2011, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X