Two Greeves seen on Ipswich to Felixtowe run today 5th May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Greeves seen on Ipswich to Felixtowe run today 5th May

2615MD (61/3165) a 25DC supplied by Palmers of Teddington & still with its original owner GRA member David Masters of Great Holland.Essex. This bike has loads of history having been ridden by David through several foreign countries. David tells me he is planning an article on it for LL.
    The other bike was the last 20DC made (20DC441B) the bike was supplied new by Bickers of Ipswich to a Mr Bainbridge and is now in the ownership of his son Karl of Ipswich. The bike still has its original black & silver paintwork, and has only had sympathetic restoration.
    Pic 1 David Masters with his 25DC Pic 2 Karl Bainbridge's 20DC
    Attached Files

Coincidentally, my 25DC (61/3167) was also supplied by Palmers in Teddington in 1963 - but hasn’t seen half as much use during its lifetime. Congratulation's Dave (if you read this) on your achievements!
    Speaking with known Greeves stalwart Ralph Mynn a few years ago he sent me a photo of the day he made a trip there on his own immaculate 32DD, from whence that came & where he met David Palmer (son of the original proprietor).
    Over the years Palmers shrunk back into it’s original premises after having a few shop units along the same stretch of Stanley Road in Teddington - now a trendy area.
    Suffice to say Palmers sadly disappeared, with it the friendly expertise of mechanics that knew their trade.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Thanks for that info john9700. I dont have a 25DC 61/3167 on survivors list can you give me reg number please. It was supplied new by Falfield of Gloucester so presume it was second hand when you bought it from Palmers in 1963. As for the two bikes in the pic 876YTW is a 32DC frame number 32DC107 last known with an ex GRA member Ken ? of Hemel Hempstead & currently taxed, the other bike is Ralf Mynns 25DD (not 32DD) now with a new owner in Fareham
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 06/05/2024, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Hi John, I think I’ve got my wires crossed a bit here.. sorry for any confusion.

I’ll send you a PM with details as requested, thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X