Greeves Days 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeves Days 2011

My wife and I are planning on heading to Greeves Days this year. Last time I went was back in '89 when it was held at Kettleman City (I believe along with a S.panish M.otorcycle O.wners G.roup trials event). I was 13 at the time tagging along with my Dad and Uncle - so it's been a while.

I don't know how many forum members are here in the US, but is anyone else planning on heading over? It's set for Feb 12th and 13th this year. Directions are on Frank Conley's site (http://www.greevesguru.com/news.html)

It'd be great to be able to put faces to some of the names here.

Connal

Greeves days

Hi Connal, I am planning on going - my first time and looking forward to it. I hope the weather is kind as I will be camping in a tent.

Paul

Comment

Nice! We're thinking the same thing, assuming the weather isn't too bad.

Connal

Comment

2011 photos in my album

I have posted photos of the 2011 Greeves Days hosted by Frank Conley and Mike Beanway in California. Weather was very warm and sunny and a great time was had by all

Paul

Comment

Thanks for posting those, Paul. Fabulous February weather! That takes me back to a great holiday in CA back in 2005. Wish I had been there, but it's a long way from here...

Did you enjoy the Pozo Saloon? Olives in the beer and all that?

(The album can be found via the "Community" button above if anyone's not sure)
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

California

Originally posted by pgc40 View Post
            I have posted photos of the 2011 Greeves Days hosted by Frank Conley and Mike Beanway in California. Weather was very warm and sunny and a great time was had by all

Paul

I am now feeling so jealous!!!

The bikes, the weather......etc.

As soon as the kids have left home, I'm emigrating!

Thanks for the pics,

Andrew
            (cold UK)

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
              Thanks for posting those, Paul. Fabulous February weather! That takes me back to a great holiday in CA back in 2005. Wish I had been there, but it's a long way from here...

Did you enjoy the Pozo Saloon? Olives in the beer and all that?

(The album can be found via the "Community" button above if anyone's not sure)
              Hi Colin!

Yes olives were floating in the very cold beer!

The Pozo clan setup a food line in back which we had our choice of Tri-Tip beef and chicken off their big barbeque grill.

I'm not going to spoil it all for Tammy as it was her first time there. I'll let her do the honors!

We missed you mate. I hope we can have you over again. A bunch of great people and and a number of newbe's came!

It was a lot bigger than last years!

And...we just squeaked by on the weather...it was in the mid-70's...it's now raining and cold.

Regards,
              Kenny

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Z View Post
                I am now feeling so jealous!!!

The bikes, the weather......etc.

As soon as the kids have left home, I'm emigrating!

Thanks for the pics,

Andrew
                (cold UK)
                Hi Andy.

We would love to see you all!

Kenny

Comment

It was a lot bigger than last years!
                  Sorry I missed it Ken. The neighbor won't budge on the Scottish and I sold "Ole Yeller". I was going to come anyway but the water heater blowing on Friday changed my plans.
                  I heard that the guy who got the Hawkstone found a picture of it with Kathy's dad in the frame. Viewfinder's GP? We were right.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearingman View Post
                    I'm not going to spoil it all for Tammy as it was her first time there. I'll let her do the honors!
                    Tammy made it then? Attagirl! Long way from Kentucky via Wyoming!

Did she pick up the Ranger and the Wessex ok?
                    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Tammy made it then? Attagirl! Long way from Kentucky via Wyoming!

Did she pick up the Ranger and the Wessex ok?
                      Hi Colin,

Yep...they picked the two up on the way in...went back with a couple more from Pozo...don't want to say more or I'll spoil it for her.

Regards,
                      Kenny

Comment

Originally posted by Bearingman View Post
                        Hi Colin,

Yep...they picked the two up on the way in...went back with a couple more from Pozo...don't want to say more or I'll spoil it for her.

Regards,
                        Kenny
                        So now they've got five! C'mon Tammy, POST!
                        Colin Sparrow

Comment

a few more photos

A few more photos from the weekend to go with those already posted:

I tragically got sick Friday evening before we headed down there, so by the time we were leaving the Saloon on Saturday evening I was done - in bed in the tent by 6:30(!) so didn't get nearly as much chance to talk to people as I would have liked.

Still a great time though! Great to see (and hear, and smell) all the bikes!

Comment

So now they've got five! C'mon Tammy, POST!
                            Probably still driving!

Kenny

Comment

Or seeing the sights of California - who could blame them, eh!
                              Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
                              X