• Show
Clear All

• Telford

Nearly set up waiting for a few more bikesClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2284.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	471.5 KB
ID:	97887

Ex Don Morley 24TGS SOO24D seen but not on GRA stand, Last known owner was Andrew Barton, Benfleet. Sold Bonhams Stafford 19/10/03 ?6555 (pic Gary Bamford) Anyone know who current owner is?
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice job, Tony (and crew?). Hope weekend goes well for you and the Club. Apologies can't be there, "family" duty calls!

Comment

Thanks John- 11 bikes on the stand and the show is very busy

Comment

So, for those people who attended the show. What was your over all opinion of the show? I am not anti Mortons, but they have close to a monopoly with their publication, and event business.

Comment

I thought it was a good show inspite of Mortons. They charge a lot for visitors and traders which will certainly drive them away. They even wanted to add a ‘token’ charge of ?30.00 if you wanted to use electricity for a kettle. The VMCC Somerset autojumble is much better value, shame they don’t make it a full show.

Comment

Tony if VMCC turned it into a full show Morton's would try and take it over .
              ,Simon

Comment

I thought it a bit much charging ?6 for car parking, this was not mentioned on any of the fliers I saw from the magazines - and with so many vans taking up 2 spaces parking was a touch interesting.....

Comment

Perhaps consider passing Members feedback to Blue Miller, editor of OBM?

Comment

I didn't bother going this year. I visited last year and apart from the cost (and agree with difflock re parking) there wasn't much of interest in the outdoor jumble and most of the indoor exhibits were more modern than my interests encompass.

Comment

Originally posted by johnrunnacles View Post
                      Perhaps consider passing Members feedback to Blue Miller, editor of OBM?
                      Probably wont get mentioned John, I think all Mortons staff are under strict orders not to publish adverse comments. Mortons like other glossy magazine publishers are having a hard time, costs of the glossy mags have risen astronomically in last few years and they are not selling, Old Bike Mart is still a reasonable price but only printed on news paper, and is highly subsidised by adverts, its the only motorcycle mag I now buy, Mortons are obviously trying to offset losses with high charges for shows which have never been of interest to me. The attendance at the shows is mainly the older generation. Youngsters dont go to shows or for that matter bike mags.

Comment

Not suggesting she might publish, John, just that she might like to be made aware, if not already (?) Think she is on our side, underneath it all. Agree that OBM is only bike publication worth its salt, and of course it is subsidised by ads, that is what it is, and has always been, all about. Editorial content and features have expanded to their present very welcome level thanks, largely, to the likes of Blue Miller.

Comment

Those of us who have a current council library card can view a large amount of magazines for free including nearly all bike and car mags and now includes OBM! at least on the Herefordshire library.

I have added a link to this site though it may not work.

​​​​​​https://www.pressreader.com/magazine...ive?country=gb

Comment

On a slightly different twist.... I gave up going to the motorcycle show in Birmingham many years ago when the prices rose to about ?18 to get in and ?20 to park.
                            Plus ?50 of petrol for the return journey.

In a bike magazine - cannot remember which - there was an article on 100 things a biker should do before death..... the 3rd or 4th was visit the bike show in Milan.

So I investigated .... flight was ?7 each way and it was 6euros entrance with free coach shuttle from the airport.... so I went. It was FANTASTIC. probably 10 times
                            the size of B'ham with a huge and I mean huge car park made into a dirt bike track. There were 12 huge halls of motorcycles. And NO JUNK for sale unlike the
                            B'Ham jumble sale of old rubbish bike gear. Just motorcycles with ... and I realise this is a family website .. rather nice looking Italian young ladies, rather nicer than
                            those in B'Ham see photo.

Having had a fab day out for ?20 plus a few Italian beers and Italian food, the next year I asked my wife if she'd like to go.... she said no to the show, but yes to shopping
                            in Milan.... so we went on a 4 day trip to Milan which cost ?400 + . My dad said get up on the roof of Milan Cathedral, we did IT IS FANTASTIC. Do it before you die.

Close to the nice typical Italian hotel we stayed in was (is) a restaurant with motorcycles inside....and fab food so we ate there pretty much every nights.

It was so good I have done a day trip to the show by myself 3 times and we have a longer trip three times... it is FABULOUS.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by difflock View Post
                              Those of us who have a current council library card can view a large amount of magazines for free including nearly all bike and car mags and now includes OBM! at least on the Herefordshire library.

I have added a link to this site though it may not work.

​​​​​​https://www.pressreader.com/magazine...ive?country=gb
                              My local library (Worcestershire) has a similar scheme but uses a platform called Libby - which doesn't include OBM unfortunately. I haven't bought a bike mag for years as there is rarely more than one article of interest. I do realise that eventually they may all disappear but I'm happy with my Leading Link and Roadholder mags together with various forums.

Comment

Working...
                              X