• Setting up at Popham

Bikes just turning up
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1183.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	502.6 KB
ID:	95446
    Attached Files

Good turn out for a non motorcycle specific show, weather looks a bit inclement and you may need to keep those jackets on, I see Mr Bamford in the background. Hope to take my Greeves to the Saffron Walden Car Show this afternoon if weather holds, usually get a good few bikes there.A previously unknown 20DC turned up last year.

Comment

'Good turn out for a non motorcycle specific show,' Not quite sure what you mean there, John. It is the annual Popham Motorcycle Megameet, so quite motorcycle specific.

Comment

Luckily the weather wasn't as bad as it looks, a bit blowy with broken cloud. We even had one hardy lad on the stand who spent the day in shorts and T shirt, although he did look a bit parky by the end.

Comment

That was Chris Cullen, ex-works trials and scrambles rider, also competed in the SSDTs and ISDTs, the latter I believe with the Army; so he is quite hardy! Here he is on his TES, axle deep in mud and water in the 1962 Farquharson trial. Click image for larger version  Name:	Chris Cullen.jpg Views:	0 Size:	159.8 KB ID:	95478
          Last edited by IanCordes; 14/08/2023, 01:46 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Apparently two other Greeves were there but not on The GRA stand, These were AJH849A a 1960 25DB and TSV838 a 1961 32DC Anyone know who owners are?

Comment

Working...
            X