Stafford show, a blast from the past.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stafford show, a blast from the past.

Sorry, no date. But at least 30 years ago. A few known faces……….. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1336.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	651.8 KB
ID:	94418

Nice pic, Phil. I can see Don Heath & Dave Bradley. It would be good to know what machine 149 is....

Comment

Ian, sorry, no information on the machines. Far too long ago.

nonetheless, a good example of when the Greeves Riders association were afforded a prime position within the main hall. Of course we are talking of times before Mortons got their claws into the show scene. Happy days.

Comment

Indeed, Phil. The Competition Hall where we are now is rather quiet by comparison. I suspect half the visitors don't know it is there.

Comment

Not got the year yet Phil, 84 and 85 programmes were Bell Vue,then Stafford only on the balcony before we got prime spots.Left to Right Brenda Rob Styles ?,Don Heath,Mike Eady, 2visitors one of my Anglians, visitor ,Peter Smith ,yourself dark hair! Greeves signs by Scott Jones ? We assembled the latis panels every show,hard work,not our turn any more,but good that others carry it on.

Comment

Dave, certainly in the Alan Whitehead era. I was thinking 88/89. John Collard is also there. I never kept the show programmes. Quite often they were vague with their numbering and listings. I have some more of this type of picture. I will look them out.
            In those days you went home exhausted, the number of enquiries and interest in Greeves was never ending.

Comment

Possibly 1990 as the balloon on adjacent stand seems to be celebrating a birthday of an owners club, and looks looks like the number 90, cant be before 1988 as the reg FHJ87D on Anglian was not registered by DVLA till Dec 88, the FHJ**D series, a Southend reg. were not originally used but were re issued in later years as age related marks.
              Last edited by John Wakefield; 10/05/2023, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Continuing with the Stafford theme:- Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1342.jpg Views:	0 Size:	631.7 KB ID:	94451
                Last edited by Phil Hyde; 10/05/2023, 10:02 AM. Reason: Duplicate image

Comment

And our ISDT celebration. The LHK year, 1998 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1344.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	641.0 KB
ID:	94454

Comment

Interesting to see how the show stands used to be, maybe we can learn from that. In the Phil Hyde's second photo is that Colin Sparrow's Silverstone?

Comment

Kevin, the year was 1993. Maybe Colin can shed a light as to whether it was his bike. I certainly can’t recall. Certainly in those days there was a strong emphasis on photos and information. As you can see, there has been a diverse range of themes. One year the theme was racers and we had about a dozen or so. Mostly Silverstones with the odd Oulton. Unfortunately, that year we were given and odd shaped pitch so the bikes were crammed in. Not our finest display. Nonetheless, we did win best club stand one year. This was voted for by all the one-make clubs represented.
                      Last edited by Phil Hyde; 11/05/2023, 08:32 AM. Reason: Additional background information

Comment

Working...
                      X