Comment

Busy Click image for larger version

Name:	640352F3-4C0F-40C8-8912-D684B08E9473.jpeg
Views:	204
Size:	575.7 KB
ID:	93461

Comment

Tony

what was the show like overall? My home circumstances preclude travelling these days, as busy as it used to be?

Comment

A few traders missing Phil however a lot of punters. The Greeves stand was in a good position and attracted good attention and new members signed up. Some good spares however some parts were expensive.
          Last edited by tony; 11/02/2023, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Thanks Tony,

good to know there is still interest in Greeves.

phil

Comment

6 new members signed up Phil

Comment

Confirms the interest is still there Tony. The core of enthusiasts remains.

Comment

Six new members is a pretty fantastic result.

Comment

All down to Mark and the others on the stand

Comment

It was good to meet people on the stand and put faces to names we read about. Good show of bikes on the stand. Show was OK, hardly any Greeves stuff we could find in the autojumble which we attacked when the doors openned. Bought a couple of Bantam cyclinder heads so not a total loss. Villiers Services obviously dont feel it worth the effort to do this show. Apparently stall costs are quite high.
                      Ian Wilkinson '61 Scottish 24TD118

Comment

There were Greeves parts, engines, barrels, Villiers parts. Probably depends on what you were looking for- I got an Anglian alloy ISDT tank the large one and a not bad Scottish silencer. Our group of three did quite well over the weekend. Steve (Villiers Services) was there dropping off parts and no doubt buying a few. The cost of a stall the size he has I believe was around ?600.0 - add on staff wages, fuel and the time involved he probably wouldn’t sell anymore than he would through phone orders. Morton’s need to reduce dealer rates and also the entry fee which is probably putting off some potential visitors as well.

Comment

Mortons are just greedy bar stewards

Comment

Though the show was good myself found a nice anglian barrel in the auto jumble but was abit to much for me.

Comment

There were a few barrels and complete engines however not cheap- and then you don’t know the real inside condition of the engines.

Comment

Working...
                              X