Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tabernas desert

Part 1

Gary, Ian and myself set sail for the Tabernas desert in Almaria, Spain on Sunday. Three Greeves in the van - Gary’s TFS trail, my Orange Ranger and Ian’s ISDT replica. Due to the ferry being delayed we have stopped overnight in Torrelavega. Next stop is with my sister in law in Carchuna then on to Tabernas. For those unfamiliar with Tabernas it is where the spaghetti westerns were filmed, the only desert in Europe.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	5648C8A2-30C0-43AF-B727-782A027945F5.jpeg
Views:	217
Size:	572.4 KB
ID:	92376
    Attached Files

To all customers of British bikes orders can still be placed on our website but will be processed on my return thanks for your support
    Gary

Comment

Name:	20221008_113239.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	512.0 KB
ID:	92416 After 3 days of riding out on a mix of tarmac, dirt roads and at times very rocky mountain trails, on which we crossed, on different days, 3 mountain ranges, ?veraging 100+ miles a day, we have now decamped and moved to Guadix, where we have rented a cave house for 3 days. From here we plan to ride up in the Sierra Nevada mountains, to the east of Granada, for a couple of days, before starting the trek back to Blighty. The 3 Greeves are doing us proud, as well as drawing a lot of attention from interested locals!
      Ian C.

Comment

sounds fanatstic

Comment

About twenty years ago I spent a few days hiking in the Sierra Nevada. Fabulous landscape, you won't be able to help but enjoy it.

Comment

Good to see three Greeves being used for what they were intended for, ie ridden, not collectors or 'investment' items. Well done Garry, Tony & Ian

Comment

Thanks John. We completed the final riding day today up in the Sierra Nevada mountains. No dramas, great roads, great scenery! Here is a pic; one of many. Click image for larger version

Name:	20221010_120940.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	453.1 KB
ID:	92426
              Ian C.

Comment

This is the track where my 14 tooth cog locked my back wheel. The split pinned had failed leaving the cog to spin off and float in the drum, fortunately not too much damage to the hub. A pile of rocks was used to enable Gary to whip the wheel out and clean out the drum. The track was too steep with large loose rocks to get to the top without pushing them while in first which was not what we wanted to do.

Name:	IMG_7352.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	488.2 KB
ID:	92452

Name:	IMG_7359.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	476.9 KB
ID:	92451
                Attached Files

Comment