30th Annual Copdock Bike Show Sunday 4th September 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30th Annual Copdock Bike Show Sunday 4th September 2022

The Copdock Bike Show which takes place at Trinity Park, Ipswich on Sunday 4th September 2022 is (I quote) run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts for the goodwill and promotion of motorcycling. Proceeds go to support local charities. Many Owners Clubs are represented although the GRA (once again!) is "conspicuous by its absence" from an extensive list of attendees. But don't let that discourage you from attending. There will be Greeves there, especially if you bring yours!
    Last edited by johnrunnacles; 26/08/2022, 09:18 AM.

Another successful event in glorious weather for the promoters and ultimately local charities, seized by so many as a golden opportunity to promote individual Members Clubs and the good name and lasting reputation of motorcycling in general. Lots of photos on Facebook, including several Greeves present on the day.

Comment

Great write-up on the Show by Blue Miller in Old Bike Mart this month.

Comment

Includes a pic of Adrian Yallop with his 25DCX Sportsman 708RYB

Comment

......... and brother Barry with his 1959 Messerschmitt 3-wheeler, demonstrating the sheer scope of the Show! But where was the GRA?

Comment

GRA gave up on Copdock some years ago when Robert Brown organised the stand, (not heard from Robert from some years) I think there was an issue with passes for Greeves exhibitors, I only went once circa 2001 and had a set to with the stewards who wanted to charge me admission to exhibit my bike, having ridden there all the way from Cambridge I was not best pleased, so just rode passed him and put bike on stand. I have not been to Copdock since or likely to go again.

Comment

No similar experience has arisen in the past 21 years (!) so far as I am aware. Show is now reckoned to be biggest of its sort probably in the country. If GRA are serious about their future and attracting new and younger members, we probably need to engage more with such an event, which is "broad Church" and which attracts a whole family attendance?

Just sayin'.

John R.

PS Have a great Christmas, all, and a happy and peaceful New Year.
              Last edited by johnrunnacles; 12/12/2022, 09:34 AM.

Comment

We have attended several times all the way from Derbyshire and took two bikes when Robert Brown ,Graham Steward got 50 Greeves together (forgot the year) in preparation to trying to get 100 Greeves at Battlesbridge in 2003 which we far exceeded. But sadly those days have gone for us all, old age, health and now the costs of travel.The GRA suffer just the same as every club from these problems,maybe more because we are spread thinly over the country.I am sure if any local member wanted to take this task on next year they would get the full and grateful thanks of the club and any help needed.

Comment

likewise Anglian Man, I took my 2 Triumph-Greeves in 2000/2001. It was the year DJ legend, John Peel, presented the awards. Happy days.
                  Last edited by Phil Hyde; 15/12/2022, 10:23 PM. Reason: Spellin checque

Comment

Thanks for coming back, all. Pleased that I have reached out to a few of you. We were all there 20 years ago, and some of us still are! Of course, it's the here and now which seems to be of more concern to the GRA and its future, though can appreciate we are to a large extent getting on a bit to do much about things directly. Rather, as I am suggesting, reach out to potential younger interest and try to fire enthusiasm there? I have been trying to do just that for my small part via the Greeves scrambles championship, and there have been a few younger riders try out rides in the Hawkstone Class on bikes I have been able to source and prepare for them. Hope this is helping with the "big picture"?
                    Last edited by johnrunnacles; 17/12/2022, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X