Dave Bickers Memorial Scramble 19 June 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Bickers Memorial Scramble 19 June 2022

The June scramble organised by the Pre 65 Motocross Club is traditionally their Dave Bickers Memorial event and takes place at Marks Tey on Sunday, 19th June 2022. Dave Harper is keen to see a good attendance of ex- and celebrity riders, and has asked for the "word to put out", albeit a tad close to the day now. He is hoping to mount a display in honour of the great man, and there has been a tribute ride of the circuit in previous years. Please pass on the word for Dave, and please put the date in your own diaries. See you there! Thank you all
    John R
    Last edited by johnrunnacles; 04/06/2022, 08:06 AM.

where is Marks Tey please??

Comment

On the A12 between Chelmsford and Colchester. ACCESS ONLY from the London bound carriageway.

Comment

cheers, thought it didn't really sound local........

Comment

It's local to a lot of riders, being quite close to the Greeves heartland.

Comment

I'm sure it is just not very close to the North East...........
            its merely a passing comment as I hadn't heard of it before and would potentially have called by if a reasonable travel

Comment

Understood Stockcar, Greeves tended to be bought by "Southerners" and DOTs by "Northerners", simply because of spares logistics. Hence the proliferation of Greeves scramblers in this area. We don't ban anyone coming down into "our manor", ask Paul Hughes who travels from Sheffield for the events in Essex and surrounding counties.

Comment

Any one got any pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
                  Understood Stockcar, Greeves tended to be bought by "Southerners" and DOTs by "Northerners", simply because of spares logistics. Hence the proliferation of Greeves scramblers in this area. We don't ban anyone coming down into "our manor", ask Paul Hughes who travels from Sheffield for the events in Essex and surrounding counties.
                  cheers, I'll try and get my passport updated for future travels.............

Comment

Great meeting, High praise all round on Facebook. Even the ex-Brian Stonebridge NSU-Hawkstone enjoyed an airing on the track! Photos on Facebook.

Comment

I would have loved to be there to see the NSU-Greeves, but duties on a 4 wheel event intervened!

Comment

It was great, too, to have Ian (Thornton) join us for the day. Hope you enjoyed your visit, Ian?

Comment

Working...
                        X