• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre 65 Scramble Marks Tey 7/11/10.

Hi all,
    just wondering if anyone will be attending the Pre 65 Scramble at
    Marks Tey 7th November [tomorrow ! ]
    Thought I would pop along and see the action.
    Regards,
    Andy.

Originally posted by starman View Post
    Hi all,
    just wondering if anyone will be attending the Pre 65 Scramble at
    Marks Tey 7th November [tomorrow ! ]
    Thought I would pop along and see the action.
    Regards,
    Andy.

I'll be there! Just make sure you get there an hour earlier than normal, as practice starts at 9:30!

Cheers,
    Andrew

Comment

[QUOTE=Andy Z;4342]I'll be there! Just make sure you get there an hour earlier than normal, as practice starts at 9:30!

Cheers,
      Andrew[/QUOTE

Hi Andrew,
      OK, thanks for letting me know. Are you competing?
      Andy.

Comment

Originally posted by starman View Post

Hi Andrew,
        OK, thanks for letting me know. Are you competing?
        Andy.
        Sadly not this year. I have totally failed in getting my Challenger ready for any action this year. Definitely next year though!

How about yourself?

Cheers,
        Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Z View Post
          Sadly not this year. I have totally failed in getting my Challenger ready for any action this year. Definitely next year though!

How about yourself?

Cheers,
          Andrew
          Hi Andrew,
          have PM'd you
          Andy.

Comment

Chaps,

Just out of interest, the GRA committee was well represented. Committee member 'Dangerous' Dick Faggetter was riding my Griffon with me as mechanic and fitness trainer! The Leading Link editor, Colin, was there with his camera and John, the Dating Officer (vehicles that is!) was also in attendance.

Dick was riding in his first scramble for 43 years and was holding 3rd place for a couple of laps until the race was stopped due to a crash. He finished 4th in the re-run. Not bad at all after that short little layoff!

Rob

Comment

Go Dicky!!!

Thanks for the update Rob!

I had an email from the dastardly destroyer earlier today as it happens, and he really enjoyed the day!

Race by race it sounds as though he was seriously getting on the pace (hey, that actually rhymes...), with a 16th/12th/9th/and a 4th in the rerun, after being in third before the race was stopped due to the unfortunate prang-hope whoever it was is ok.

How fantastic is that!!!!

He did admit to 'breaking' the carb and the gearbox though (!), but at least this was at the end of the final race, and it wasn't his bike (again...!), so that's ok then...!!! (Didn't he do that to your Enfield at the Talmag the other year...?! And has he fixed it yet...?!) I can only hope that the GRA Mobile Hospitality Suite is still in one peice at least...(and that the toilets have now at last been emptied......!)

What a legend! Well done Dicky!!!

He also told me that he fancies doing a few more rounds next year.....Do you reckon we ought to warn Dave Harper and the lads or what...?!

RESPECT!!!!!!! ++++++++++

Comment

Dick was riding really well on Sunday and having a great time. You can't blame him for breaking the Griffon gearbox: "They all do that, sir!"

Here he is taking the wet line through the mudhole. The second picture shows him coming to a halt with water in all the wrong places.

He got going again - and it was during practice so it didn't matter...

More pics to follow (just be patient, Brian...)
                Attached Files
                Colin Sparrow

Comment

Apparently a Greeves managed to lose a spark plug in the last race of the day!

Cheers,
                  Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
                    Just be patient, Brian...
                    S'funny.....that exactly what the guy in the white van says when he picks me up every week.........no, hang on, it's "Just be a patient".....!

Great pics mate! (Got any more? )

Brian.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Z View Post
                      Apparently a Greeves managed to lose a spark plug in the last race of the day!
                      Dicky never mentioned that Andy.....!

Brian.

Comment

The wreckage of my poor Griffon was dismantled today!

I thought I saw oil streaming from the gearbox at Mark's Tey - I did! 2 of the 4 mounting bolts were missing and a further one falling out. As both of the lower bolts had gone, there wasn't much to hold the oil in. That's why, when we took out the drain plug, not a drop emerged! I wonder if I tightened them up properly - or was it 4 races at 10,000 rpm?!

I also put in a new plug and forgot to tighten it which is probably why we were wondering where the compression had gone.

Arrrrrggghhhh!!

Anyway, it's all in bits now ready for me to rebuild for the next destruction derby!

Comment

Here’s a few pictures of the leading riders in this year’s Greeves Series. All taken at Marks Tey last Sunday (7th November).

We start off with series winner and 2010 Champion Greg Radley. Greg was riding the 24MX5 Challenger no. 318 which he has been using this year.

Many congratulations to Greg who also won the Challenger class.

I don’t know who won the other classes at this point in time, but the winners will be from this bunch and the five in the next post:

335: Adrian Dickerson, Hawkstone.

39: Dave Godley, 36MX4 Challenger

151: Scott Chappel, Hawkstone

447: Chris Huxtable, Challenger
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 10/11/2010, 08:42 PM. Reason: Accuracy of reporting...
                          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Here's the rest of this year's top riders:

312: Ricky Widdowson, 380 Griffon

265: David Witney. 250 Griffon

270: Mike Bell, Hawkstone

369: Graeme Smith, 380 Griffon QUB

530: Desmond Burton, 380 Griffon

If any other Greeves rider who was at Marks Tey on Sunday wants their picture on the forum, just PM me I've probably got one.
                            Attached Files
                            Colin Sparrow

Comment

Great pics Colin!

Thanks for posting them, and brilliant to see all those fantastic Greeves being used 'as intended'.

Well done to all the competitors, organisers and helpers in Dave Harper's brilliant Greeves series.

Long may it continue!

Brian.

Comment

Working...
                              X