100 mile Team Scramble.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 mile Team Scramble.

With this event looming, I'm strugglimg to find out who is coming to it It has proved extremely popular in the past, but is support dwindling?

Hi Brian. Good to see you at Maylandsea yesterday.

I was asking around in the paddock and there was certainly interest. I must admit I talked to loads of people about it in general but failed to pin people down to specifics. Having said that, I will be teaming up with Mark Larter under the team name Greeves Smokin' Strokers, so we are looking for a couple of riders to make up the team of 4. It is usually a bit last minute with riders sorting teams out on the day, but it would be great to have a full team of Greeves bikes if possible. For those not familiar with the event, it is great fun and not really competitive, as I demonstrated so well last year where my lap times were measured with a calendar rather than a stopwatch! The track is fantastic and the atmosphere friendly and very supportive. It's a hoot to ride but also great fun to help as pit crew - there is a certain amount of running about with numbered rider bibs and transponders, imagine 'It's a Knockout' with classic bikes.

Time is a little tight though, the closing date is 27th April, so get applications downloaded from the Mortimer Classic Motorcycle Club website.

In fact, if those of you who have ridden the event before (I'm thinking Higgo, Kim, Craig etc etc ) let us know either way and then we know where we are.

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul, I did say on here at the end of last season, that I would be standing down from the greeves team.
      I assumed yourself , Craig, josh & Kim would carry on, however, I have setup a full cz team, so will be there on the day.......enjoy!

Comment

You did indeed Dave. No doubt you will have a formidable team with well sorted machines. I'll try and keep out of your way. See you there.

Comment

Me too! Thanks for the invitation Paul and for finding room for me in your team. My entry will be in the post this evening. Looking forward to it. We'll be in the overflow section of the paddock arriving on the Friday pm.

Comment

Nice one Adrian. I was thinking the overflow section too. It's not as chaotic as the main paddock.

Comment

Hi All Team Greeves and Mortimer will ride again
              with the three stooges Ian Cox , Mike Bell and myself plus one of Cox’s mates .... Sam Heitman was up for this one but has to work on Saturday .... Craig and Josh are unable to make it as in Scotland ...... let’s plan for a mega BBQ in the overflow area cheers Kim
              mod lets kick Higgins teams ass

Comment

Hi where and when is this event happening? I am sure those in the loop know, but what about the rest of us?

Comment

Peter, it's on Saturday 11th May at Amey's Copse Nr. Theale in Berkshire. It's a Team event, usually 4 bikes representing the different eras in "Scrambling". The bikes are fitted with Transponder holders, but the Team only get one actual transponder to record completed laps. The riders are issued with a numbered bib, again, only one per team, and both the items have to be transferred from the incoming rider, after his 15 minute stint, to the outgoing rider. This is all done under controlled....(almost) circumstances, so each team needs about 3 to 4 helpers for these changes.
                  It's a hoot from start to finish, as long as no-one gets hurt or have to push back to the pits! I normally end up being a dead bike pusher, from the Stop line back to our pit, while the rider runs there to get the bib swapped. Another helper will have pushed the next bike to the Start line, ready for it's rider to Sprint??? to it. ready for his 15 minute stint. This all continues for much of the day, until everyone is knackered, or the organisers see fit to stop the race! Actually each of the 4 riders will get 4 stints of 15 minutes, unless, like last year, we only had 3 riders....3 knackered riders!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
                    Hi All Team Greeves and Mortimer will ride again
                    with the three stooges Ian Cox , Mike Bell and myself plus one of Cox’s mates .... Sam Heitman was up for this one but has to work on Saturday .... Craig and Josh are unable to make it as in Scotland ...... let’s plan for a mega BBQ in the overflow area cheers Kim
                    mod lets kick Higgins teams ass
                    Hi Kim, Good to see your post, hadn't heard of/from you for ages so wondered if you'd dropped off the planet!
                    We'll leave the kickin to you as we're just hoping to keep out of the way and make it round in one piece!

Comment

Hi Adrian, glad you have got a ride, as for kim, don`t worry him kicking arse....he hasn`t got a bike fast enough to catch us.......

Comment

Awesome the banter is starting .. Adrian look forward to racing again with you ... as for the turncoat Higgo ..... what happens on the day will be a matter of timekeepers record no hiding from that one mate ..... what happens at night will be the biggest piss up and BBQ and we will take you down there too !! Cheers Bud can’t wait ps the QUB has been resurrected thx to Sam at Boretech and is a CZeater no question

Comment

Kim, you have no chance.... the crusties ( team name ) are fast, unlike your boys, who are still recording their lap times on a sun dial...... As for your bbq..... well we are gonna gate crash that as well & and show you how to party........crustie style...... unless you gotta be in bed by nine that is!

Comment

Brian thanks for the info, don't have a suitable bike, have not ridden anything similar for about 50 years!!! and its a bit far from Yorkshire to come just to watch Peter.

Comment

Get a lift with Soggy Welly??? It seems we have a number of teams to support, so we need lots of helpers!

Comment

Working...
                              X