2018 Greeves championship results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Greeves championship results

Evening all. Just wondering if anyone has the final results for the 2018 season. Needless to say, the usual suspects cleared up the silverware but it was down to the last round before we knew who won what. We had fantastic racing between the top 3 or 4 riders all season, but the inspiring thing about the Greeves Championship is that there is hard fought racing right through the field, - even for rank amateurs like me. On that note, if anyone has a suitable bike but feels like they or the bike are too old / too crap / too fragile to race, think again. There are fewer more enjoyable ways to waste a Sunday afternoon whilst fully clothed!

Can't wait for the 2019 season

Paul

Hi Paul.

The definitive results will be with Dave Harper, the founder, organiser and brains behind the brilliant series. Kim Morley (usually on here as Kim275) is the GRA scrambles rep and will have his finger on the pulse, so how about it, Kim?

I do know the Hawkstone Class champ for 2018 because he won it riding my old Hawkstones in his first year competing in the Championship! Well done Charlie!

Looking forward to the 2019 season.

Happy Christmas, All.

jonah
    Last edited by johnrunnacles; 16/12/2018, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Hi John. Kim has been conspicuous by his absence both on the forum and on the track recently... (hope you're ok Kim!)

As we know, Dave doesn't do t'internet, so I'll give him a ring and see if I can help out.

A great performance from Charlie - he may be new to the championship but he can handle a bike. I did my best to get the better of him by riding over the top of him in the big pile up at the Bennington round. He got up and still beat me in the re-started race though.

Comment

Hi Paul. I haven't attended many Greeves rounds myself this year so was not aware of Kim's absence. From my earlier ventures into Facebook, it does look like he has been doing a bit of sailing this year though. Hope you haven't changed your allegiance entirely, Kim?

I haven't had contact with Dave either since signing on for the Championship at the first meeting (then retiring from riding for the season ………....………… doh!) Please do let us know how you find him when you get in touch.

Thanks Paul.

JohnR
        Last edited by johnrunnacles; 17/12/2018, 09:22 AM.

Comment

I've been beasting Dave to get the newsletters mailed to me so that we can get the info in Leading Link. Is there anyone out there that receives these and can forward them on to me please?

Talking of Dave, I spoke to him on the phone last week and he told me he is feeling much better of late which is very good news for all of us. Don't forget Battlebridge this year as all being well, Dave will be in attendance .Thanks, Rob

Comment

Hi Paul, I am glad your first season in the championship was as good as expected and I am sorry I missed the season due to injury. I will hopefully be taking part in a few Greeves races next year so we can have that long awaited race together. Looking forward to it.
            Craig

Comment

The actual Soggy Welly competing in the 100 Mile Scramble.
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
              Last edited by Brian Catt; 18/12/2018, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Nice one Craig, I loved my first season and no major damage to man or machine - a minor miracle some would say. Speaking of damage, how's the leg doing now.

I've not seen your Mortimer pics Brian. Look at the eyes on this one. Focussed determination or absolutely bricking it.....you decide

Comment

A quick update on Dave Harper. I spoke with him a couple of days ago and he is feeling the best he has in a long time. I joked that we might see him out racing this year, and he didn't totally dismiss it. Now that would be great to see. And the Championship results will be distributed after xmas.

Best wishes for the season to all and see you in 2019.

Paul

Comment

Now that is good news, Paul. Thanks for posting. Happy Christmas, and a successful new year on the Greeves circuit, then!

JohnR

Comment

So here are the final 2018 results from Dave Harper. Rob, I'll email a copy on pdf which will no doubt be more useable for the newsletter.

Matt, Sam and Charlie were all miles ahead on points in their respective classes so were all well deserved trophy winners. We had a great tussle all season between Matt and Sam for the overall championship with only a handful of points separating the two at the start of the final race. Matt came good though and sneaked home by the slimmest of margins to take the coveted 2018 trophy.

It's not all about the fast boys though. There was strong competition throughout the field and competitive racing regardless of rider age or ability. As for me, my aim as a total novice was simple - to not come last. And there it is, P Hughes 113 points, 10th in the Griffon class and 23rd overall. I'm well pleased with that! Can't wait for 2019 round 1, 17th March at Marks Tey. See you there.

Paul
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                      X