EICMA show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EICMA show

Booked cheap flights (courtesy of Ryanair) to Milan for the EICMA bike show in November. Massive show with concept bikes and latest releases, you never know I might come back with another Adventure bike

https://www.eicma.it/en/

Originally posted by tony View Post
    Booked cheap flights (courtesy of Ryanair) to Milan for the EICMA bike show in November. Massive show with concept bikes and latest releases, you never know I might come back with another Adventure bike

https://www.eicma.it/en/
    You may need to buy one to get back

Comment

Southend to Dakar......via Milwaukee......?

Hey Tony,

Still fancy the Honda Africa Twin?

How about the new Harley....!! Who'd have thought they'd bring out something like that?! Not sure about the front end/headlamp design myself, but goes to show they feel there's a market for them to want a piece of I guess.

The custom Harley in pic 2 look very tasty though, but I still prefer your Grumph!

Unless there's new Greeves 'Super Skegness' 1200 parallel twin and 'Mablethorpe' 700 single models in the pipeline that you're not telling us about.....

Brian.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Brian Thompson; 09/08/2018, 10:53 PM. Reason: Pics attached.

Comment

Issue is the weight trying to paddle a 225 kg fully loaded bike through mud is not as easy as something almost half the weight . Of course you don't get heated seat, grips and all the other paraphernalia that comes with the bigger bike and having been lost in the mist high up in Peru, in the rain - I would have loved a heated seat

An Exeter dealer has just asked my mate (and me) to test the new Benelli Adventure bike and the Enfield Himalayas back to back - chalk and cheese

still over 200kg without luggage

191kg

and of course the inevitable depreciation and expensive servicing, well at least I expect on the Benelli.

I suppose also one of the good points apart from the reliability of the modern bikes are the safety features such as motorbike stability control, ABS, and traction control.

Which would I take on my next trip In truth I like the idea of taking one of my Greeves/Grumph and if it is local - Europe up to Greece then it is easy to sort out, further a field I am not so sure. That said parts can be delivered in days anywhere in the world nowadays all you need is a bit of plastic

Comment

Big heavy bikes, not easy to pump one of them around the desert all day.
          Prehaps the mabelthorpe 700 is more my thing, any pics Brian?

Comment

One can but dream......(sigh)......

If only mate.....it was just 'wishful thinking' on my part, sadly.....unless Tony knows better?!

However.....I know you'll be disappointed to hear this so just for you, here's an old one of Mavis having a well deserved break from testing the original 'Southend 350' colonial model, before the name change....

....at least it was 'light'....until Mavis sat on it anyway.....

bRiAn.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X