October Stafford show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October Stafford show

Despite my request in the last Leading Link for members trials and scrambles bikes I have received no replies. I have spoken to the usual suppliers of bikes
    who as always agreed to provide bikes for which I am very greatful.
    I wonder if the majority of the members are not interested in supporting these shows.The hope was that more members would like to have their bikes on the Club's stand.I am not looking for highly polished ones.
    Your comments would be greatly appreciated.
    Mike

Originally posted by Mike Norris View Post
    I wonder if the majority of the members are not interested in supporting these shows.The hope was that more members would like to have their bikes on the Club's stand.I am not looking for highly polished ones.
    Your comments would be greatly appreciated.
    Mike
    I think there is a growing non interest in shows Mike. At the Cambridge show last Sunday very few members (despite there being a number in the Cambridge area) turned up. Only Jackie and Maurice Nicholas with their 20D, and myself, plus ex member Dave Pink with his Tri Greeves.
    Although this is a small show compared with Stafford the total attendance was down by over 2/3rds this year with only 20 bike, all be it 4 Greeves.
    Ok England were playing in the World Cup so that could have been the cause, but another factor is the age of those who did turn up, ALL well into their 60's and 70's, youngsters dont seem interested in old bikes anymore.
    In contrast the annual Meldreth Bike Show held on Wednesday 20th June for around 4 hours in the evening attracted some 1000 bikes, but these were mainly modern bikes with young riders, some travel considerable miles just for an hour or two. No real attractions, ie no autojumbele stalls etc. they just go for the ride and meet up with mates etc. Sign of the times.
    Also I think the likes of Mortons & Carol Nash have made these big shows expensive, not only entry fees but the cost of food and drink as well.

Comment

Working...
    X