Shepton Mallet VMCC Autojumble today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shepton Mallet VMCC Autojumble today

It was good to see a fair few Greeves enthusiasts at the jumble today. Not too much in the way of Greeves or Villiers parts for sale, although there were a couple of complete machines up for grabs. A tidy early Challenger sold for £2400 apparently, whilst a very tidy restored Anglian appeared to remain unsold with a price tag of £3750. An early 24TE, #127, sister machine to my 24TE128 by coincidence, also did not sell with a tag of £2850. It is road registered, with various non-standard bits about it.

I scored a few parts for my projects, not half as much as I hoped for, but there was much nattering and Greeves discussions; all good stuff!

You probably missed all the bits Ian as you spent so much time chatting

You were right that about the 'Greeves enthusiasts', a lot of them about and actually a good reason for going to the auto jumbles. I might not pick up a part but I usually pick up some useful information.

Comment

Between us Tony we have probably got more rabbit than Sainsburys!

I quite agree about the social aspect of such events, getting to know who is who, putting faces to names; all good stuff; and as you say, picking up useful snippets of info, speedo & headlight part numbers etc. There were certainly some knowledgeable people there yesterday.

Well worth going, even if I spent more on fuel to get there than I spent on parts

Comment

Working...
      X