Jurby Festival IOM 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jurby Festival IOM 2010

Spotted this well used Greeves at the Jurby Festival last Sunday. It had all sorts of interesting features.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Buzzer; 04/09/2010, 09:41 PM.

Jurby Greeves

A 1962 24TES by look of it, Derby reg., maybe owner is a GRA member.
    Nice pics Buzzer

Comment

Your Right

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
      A 1962 24TES by look of it, Derby reg., maybe owner is a GRA member.
      Nice pics Buzzer
      Hi John
      Your right it is a 1962 TES ,with a 32a engine with competition head and barrel ,It has been in my family since new and I have owned for the last 25 plus years,It was it's first trip out in 6 years, and started 4th kick on old fuel.
      In the ten days on the Island I covered nearly 500 miles ,I just love this bike!

Down side was that the clutch started to make a right squealing noise,which I was told ment a gearbox strip,Any way it wasn't the gearbox ,but the clutch pushrod gone a little rusty,quick clean up and it,s as good as new.
      This is the 1st time i have had to work on the bike,besides carb cleaning.

Comment

In the ten days on the Island I covered nearly 500 miles ,I just love this bike!

I can see why - it's just perfect for the Manx lanes and no temptation to keep up with the "rocketship" bikes.

Comment

What is this?

Simon, what is the cylindrical object on the frame beam?
          Attached Files

Comment

Air Bottle?

My guess is it's some kind of compressed air cylinder to reinflate the tires for road work after riding with reduced pressures off road, like the ISDT bikes had. Looks a little bit different to the types I've seen before though.

I've attached a pic to give an example, this one fitted to 6 LHK and taken at the GRA AGM at Kidlington in 2005.

Brian.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Brian Thompson; 03/10/2010, 01:52 PM. Reason: Pic added.

Comment

Nitrous bottle?
              Colin Sparrow

Comment

Now there's an idea.......!!!

Although it could be an Okells dispenser of course....!

Waste gate for a turbo?

Any advance...?

Please do let us know what it is Simon, so you can put us out of your misery!!!

Brian.

Comment

Nice try's, But it's ?

Hi nice try lads,
                  But the brass tube contains just enough 2stoke oil for a gallon of petrol , about 7 1/2 oz in old money.
                  I keep it on the bike cos thats how i got it.
                  I now use a babby bottle and mix at 50:1 , I keep getting asked if it's Vimto!

regards
                  Simon

Comment

Good one Simon, and thanks for letting us know!

What a neat and practical 'period' modification, and unique to your bike too. I think it's great that you keep it on there as it belongs to the bike, as you say.

I guess the Okells dispenser is mounted elswhere then....?!

Brian.

Comment

Working...
                    X