X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only grip which is what Adrian lost

Comment

Ha ha!!! Good banter Stormer!

I'm just glad that's all Adrian lost....!

Hey Adrian, watch yer back champ...I reckon they're after your title!!!

Brian.

Comment

Nice response guys, I think Can't actually believe that I was ever in front of Stormer in the first place mind Hum! that elusive grip, I happened to catch a look at the rear tyre when washing the Mortimer mud away at the weekend, it seems that several "knobbles" have parted company with tyre leaving it rather bare in places. Perhaps it's time to fit that nice new Michelin I've got that's been sitting in the garage for the last couple of years just waiting for me to wring the last bit of wear out of the present encumbant. Roll on East Hanningfield.

Comment

Rear slicks!

Ha ha, nice one mate!!!

Mind you, a rear tyre lasting fifty odd years like that has to be good value for money, surely...!!!

Hope you have a great meeting at East Hanningfield Adrian, and speak soon mate.

Brian.

Comment

Dave Harpers Greeves series

Having become a registered basic user in the last 30 minutes or so, just wanted to say thanks for the kind mentions and concerns expressed about my health, following my off at Mortimer. Main damage done was to my pride, although the leg is still a bit sore. Looking forward, now, to Maylandsea, on 3rd October, which has been substituted for the event originally planned for East Hanningfield. See you there?
            John R

Comment

Welcome!

Hi John, and a very warm welcome aboard-great to have you with us.

Pleased to hear you're on the mend too.

Hope you enjoy the forum!

Brian.

Comment

Warm welcome.

Yes, I'll second that. I'm sure John will add some thoughtful comments to the Forum, not unlike the one he's just posted about the change of venue for the 3rd October, the Final Greeves round for this series. Certainly I wasn't aware, so thanks John, keep up the good work, and you'll definitely being seeing me there. Not sure though, if that's a welcome prospect for you.

Comment

Special thanks

Thanks Brian, and special thanks are due to you for your concern, expressed earlier, about my off.
                  On Adrian's point about his broken number plate, there is a certain irony in the fact that my Hawkstone was sporting two new plates generously supplied by him only a matter of days previously!
                  Do you want one of them back, now, Adrian?
                  With best regards,
                  John R

Comment

Thanks for the offer John, but I think to take one back now would only be adding insult to injury, quite literally. Not only that, but as our race numbers have no commonality whatsoever then I figured it was easier to make a new plate than renovate an old one. Perhaps we just ought to agree to take up opposite ends of the Start line at Maylandsea to avoid the possibility of a repeat. Mind you I shall insist on the inside line, naturally.

Comment

Perhaps I'll just go back to what I always used to do, Adrian, and give you the benefit of my delayed-reflex start off the line..........

Comment

Don't you dare. You bl**dy well go for it, after all, it might be my turn to hit the deck this time!

Comment

Meeting on October 3rd - Cancelled!

Just in case anyone was intending to attend the Pre65 meeting on the above date for the final round of the Greeves championship I have to advise that because of the waterlogged ground and impending weather prediction that the meeting has been cancelled. The final round will now take place on November 7th at Marks Tey!

Comment

Copdock Bike Show

Scramblers, don't forget you could always visit the Copdock Bike Show tomorrow.........Sunday 3 October....Trinity Park, (Suffolk Show Ground), Ipswich ! Show opens at 10.am. Come along and visit the Greeves stand, we would love to see you !

Comment

Thanks for the invite, Robert. It was a pleasure to view the GRA stand, and to chat with John Fryatt and Dave Pink. Certainly it was preferable to having to plough through the mud at Maylandsea!
                              With best regards,
                              John R

Comment

I don't know if I'm correct in putting the web address below of a photographer who posted it on the Pre65 club website. So please feel free to remove it, if it causes a problem. But in case anyones interested the photo's are of the final round of the Greeves series at Marks Tey. He has promised to update it with trophy presentations too, later.

Comment

Working...
                                X