Cumbrian Classic August 21st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnrunnacles View Post
    Thanks Kim. I have booked my entry for the Greeves event. All I need now is a 1960-ish Greeves Hawkstone, please, to match what I have entered online.
    Please confirm ASAP so that I may book B&B for the weekend, and perhaps longer.
    Thanks again.
    JR #461
    John all sorted bring some plates I have sent you an email
    Looking forward to JR joining in the fun 👌😀

Comment

Thanks Kim. All booked. Will bring my own handlebars too!
      See you there.
      Thanks for good news on Dave's op.
      JR
      Last edited by johnrunnacles; 07/08/2016, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Nearly ready for the scramble

Just taken the TFS Trail for a blast along a declassified road, talk about rough where the horses have been Got up to around 40 mph (on the remains of the road, not the muddy bit) so gearing seems okay. I just need to change the tyres because like me they are old and cracked, or maybe soft and worn out. Anyway they need changing as I want to get it road registered at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
          Just taken the TFS Trail for a blast along a declassified road, talk about rough where the horses have been Got up to around 40 mph (on the remains of the road, not the muddy bit) so gearing seems okay. I just need to change the tyres because like me they are old and cracked, or maybe soft and worn out. Anyway they need changing as I want to get it road registered at some point.

Nice one Tony Looking good !!

Comment

Kill switch

How do I fit a kill switch?

Comment

Simple, run a wire from the LT side of flywheel mag (at the contact breaker points connection would be the easiest) to a press button switch (horn button) in handlebars.

Comment

The objective being to earth the LT side...
                Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
                  Hi kim, there is a very good chance i may me without a bike to ride at the event, hopefully i can sleeve & machine my crankcases by then, but its always good to have a back up plan......
                  sent you a PM Dave.

You can borrow my QUB but it might be too fast for you

Comment

Originally posted by griffon380 View Post
                    sent you a PM Dave.

You can borrow my QUB but it might be too fast for you
                    As Long as you fit some Plastic mudguards he should be able to cope

Comment

Craig, thanks for the generous offer mate, as well as to tony, for the offer of his griffon, but all being well i should be on my griff.
                      I`ve machined out the damage & sleeved both cases, had them line bored, so its all go, just gotta build it back up...........much appreciated though guys....
                      Attached Files

Comment

Please note the following if using M6 next weekend
                        The M6 will close overnight in both directions next weekend between junctions 33 and 34 as part of work on the Heysham M6 Link.

The work will see the installation of a super-span gantry which will extend across all six lanes of the motorway and the hard shoulders just south of junction 34.

The motorway is scheduled to close between 8pm and 6am on Friday 19 and Saturday August 20.

During the closures, drivers on the southbound M6 will leave the motorway at junction 34 and be diverted on the A683 via Lancaster onto the A6 and then south through Galgate to re-join the M6 at Junction 33 and continue south. Northbound traffic on the M6 will leave at junction 33 for Galgate and will follow the same route in reverse - via Lancaster and the A683 to re-join at junction 34.

The M6 Junction 34 northbound off-slip will also be closed Wednesday 17 and Thursday August 18 between 8pm and 6am, and the southbound on slip on Thursday August 18 between 8pm and 6am as part of the gantry work.

The Lancashire County Council road project undertaken by contractors Costain started in January 2014 and is due to be completed late autumn 2016.

The improvements around junction 34 include the improved motorway slip roads and a 600-space park and ride site just off the junction.
                        Dogsbody

Comment

The fun starts here.......

Right you lot, i`ve got my bike ready, got my acceptance slip, & i`m going up tmrw.............
                          Early, i know!, but purely on medical grounds to aclimatise myself to the altitude & the local beer.....well you can`t be to carefull can you........
                          Safe journey up lads & i`ll see you in the beer tent..........

Comment

Acceptance slip?

Acceptance slip? Do I need one? They've taken my money but nothing back in the post so far .................

Comment

Acceptance

Hi John - same for me I did the on-line entry - if you go back into your account you see that entry there - so that must mean acceptance....

Well done Higgo for getting the bike sorted - see you Saturday

Looks like we have an entry of over 25 Greeves for the Sunday - wow should be great !!!!

Comment

Thanks Kim. That's reassuring.

Comment

Working...
                                X