Mortimer 2 day Scramble April 7th/8th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortimer 2 day Scramble April 7th/8th

Just A little update Rob will have the GRA Hospitality suite !!!! there , and we will have GReeves Regalia on sale in the Paddock, i assume the all the lads will be in the Custer's last stand position with vans and caravans circled together ?

We will have sail flags and banners , to alert you all of our presence ,and warn off others to keep away!!. if any one requires something that is a certain size etc ring the Captain Mainwaring on 01403 713123 before that date, i hope to be there at Sundown on Saturday to assist or get in the way for the relay race 100 miler, any members who can help out at the event will be appreciated.

Cheers Dicky

Do you mean May, 7/8th, Dicky?

............ if not, we've already missed it!

Comment

Yes John of course, MAY ,?? After a long day at Stafford and not getting home till 11pm not the best today, thanks

Comment

If you arrive at Sundown on Saturday, you will miss the main event, the 100 mile Struggle....sorry Scramble! The Championship races are on Sunday, mud and hills allowing!.

Comment

Just been informed by Captain Mainwaring !on this subject , looks as though i will have an early start then.

Comment

The two day event at morty is still on at present, the final decision is being made on tues.
            The reason being that the pit area has suffered some recent flooding & any further rain could see the event postponed till july.....fingers crossed lads.....

Comment

Assuming it is to happen as planned, how many teams have we got and how many helpers are required? With any luck, Dick, Jack and myself will be available. With a few days intensive bodging, the GRA hospitality suite may be fit to trundle again. It all depends on how far the rot and woodworm have got over the winter!

Things must be bad when even the fearless Dick worries about towing it!!

I have the sail flags and banners here plus a box of various regalia items if anyone needs anything.

Comment

More Bean.....!

I told you not to lend the GRA Hospitality Unit to Colin Furze again Rob......you should have kwon what would happen.....

http://www.colinfurze.comUncle fuz thought people just want to get on, and stopping for food slows you down but not anymore get your food while you move just...

bRiAn.
                Last edited by Brian Thompson; 30/04/2016, 04:35 PM. Reason: Link added.

Comment

Team Greeves and Mortimer hot favourites 😃

Nice one Thommo !
                  Just spoke to Mrs Bosher and it is track inspection Monday . Go no go go go will be posted on Mortimer website Tuesday ...
                  2 greaves teams Adrian's team consisting of Brisn Sawyers , Tom Wormleighton, and making his comeback Michael 'Champagne' Eustace whey hey !!! and then the main contenders are team Greeves and Mortimer , the line up being Higgo , if we can keep him off the zoyder , Craig( fuelled by Irish Whiskey), Coxy fuelled by those funny tabs and myself sponsored by Doom bar or indeed any Bar .... Looking forward to a big Greeves campout . We will camp in over glow pits near to the little bridge ... Hopefully hospitality suite will be sorted , ice man ready and a few pit runners and helpers . Promises to be the best one yet . Will post to confirm its all on on Tuesday
                  Cheers Kim

Comment

That caravan looks more like a Dangerous Dick normal trip than the GRA hospitality suite! He had knives and forks dropping out on to the M27 after his blowout destroyed the wheel arch, etc.

We won't mention what happens when you tow with the back legs down!

Perhaps he should be looking at launching crockery down the road next!

Comment

Rob, i think we need to capitalise on dangerous dicks abilty to rendor bikes useless at a glance, by sending him into the oppostions pit area for a pre race walk around..........well every little helps.......

Comment

Unofficial sources pronounce the meeting is OK to go, as long as the entry route is not blocked by a broken caravan!

Comment

Just seen a post on the Mortimer MCC Facebook page .... The 100 miler is on !!

Comment

Banging! lets do it...........

Comment

I have the new piston and rings in the challenger and will bring the 250 Griffon for Josh as the QUB's gearbox is in a bad way and my spare one has a different number of splines on the output shaft.

Therefore I will be riding a bike with plastic mudguards
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X