Bert Greeves outfit sold for £9430. Dogsbody
    Ps Brough project, Austin seven engine, £331000

Other Greeves prices
    Lot327 1967 250 Challenger £2070
    Lot268 ex Triss Sharp ISDT not sold
    Lot222 1962 24TE Scottish £2070
    Dogsbody

Comment

Vendor Alan Elderton almost doubled his money (£4370) on the Bert Greeves outfit, when he bought it from the late Igor Ashwell's collection for £5060 at Stafford in 2009. http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/17358/lot/297/
      But he did spend money having the frame repainted. I wonder who has bought it now?
      Challenger & Scottish prices on low side, would have thought the Scottish would have made at least £2500, it was a nice one. Projects have gone for around £2k in other auctions. What did the bids go to on the Triss Sharpe bike? Presumably not over £6000
      Interesting that the restored Vincent Rapide (Lot 365) with some wrong numbers only made £31K Vincent buyers do like all correct numbers even the engine.
      In contrast this genuine original Rapide (Lot 313) requiring full restoration made £270K
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 25/04/2016, 02:53 PM. Reason: Bert Greeves outfit details of previous auction added

Comment

BUT did we have a decent stand, Colin?
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

A Fantasy world Colin i am afraid, i expect the Brough load of rubbish will return in another 2 years looking the same and fetch another £100,000 more just as an investment!, magic clothes i am afraid a Barry Sheene scratched helmet for £12,500 and gloves for £1,000. madness he probably had a garage full of them so its all crazy .

A good show but there was only a bent TES frame at the whole event , no Greeves or Villiers spares to be found anywhere? we had some new members sign up, plus a a lot renewing there membership, stand looked good Maurice Nicholas and his wife each won an award and also Ian with his imaculate rebuilt Griffon, but Robs unfaired Silverstone dragged out from the shed as last used 20 years ago drew the most interest and photo shots from the visitors.

Comment

Bent TES frame

Dick Did you make a note of the TES frame number, just in case it surfaces again & we can warn members

Comment

Sorry, i was told this by Mike Eady, he may have seen it ,but not to sure.

Comment

Colin, The stand was in a much better place this time, but seems club stands have been reduced in size over the years. More retail in the main hall than there used to be. Noticed a number of dealers who were absent as well, perhaps the organisers are getting too greedy? Dogsbody

Comment

Yes, I noticed there was quite a lot of space in the 2 halls next to the auction. Quite a few people were missing this year including outside. Electrex World was one who was missing this year, along with one or two others from that part of the main hall.

A dealer that I bought a headlamp off said that things were very slow and there was not much (if any) Greeves, Villiers or Royal Enfield parts for sale that I saw. There was plenty of high-priced junk for sale though and most of it was still there at packing-up time on Sunday. I think they should rename the 'jumble the 'Annual Optimists Convention' judging by some of the prices being asked (and not got).

There was a TZ Yamaha that was tatty and appeared to be not capable of turning over with a tag of £14,000! Needless to say, it was still there on Sunday afternoon but you can't blame them for trying!

By the way, if you want to look up Bert's outfit, it was Lot 266.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                    By the way, if you want to look up Bert's outfit, it was Lot 266.
                    Its already been mentioned Rob (along with the Challenger & Scottish) earlier in the thread, sold for £9430 thats £4370 up on last time it was sold in 2009. Just goes to show a well known name pushes up the price, Triss Sharp's ISDT bike failed to make the reserve. Had it been ridden by Sammy Miller that may have made a big difference.
                    Last edited by John Wakefield; 25/04/2016, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Surely Bert's outfit has been bought by a forum member? Be a shame if it has been bought by an investor and not seen again until it's for sale in a few years. Dogsbody

Comment

Good idea John.....

Comment

Working...
                        X