Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agm

Hi all.

Just like to thank Dicky for getting badger goss to do the talk at the Agm..

Brilliant and witty interview with the ex works rider...

Lots of good spares available and some good buys to be had..

Is the owner of the TFS frame number 151 on display today a forum member or a known GRA member? It's just I would like to chat to him as I own a very similar machine no154..

Scott151

Hi Scott - sounds like it was a great AGM with Badger as the star ....shame I was unable to make it due to Sproxton ..............well done Dick !

Cheers Kim

Comment

Thanks chaps i enjoyed doing the interview, and badger was over the moon as well, he is now a member as well, so we look forward to some comments in the future coming from him , his banter and genuine love of Scrambling and his days at greeves were great ! it wont be the last we here from him i assure you , i may have a bit more to say later on as i am calling on him next month.

Regret that the attendance was down this year and that the bike display was poor, especially on the Road bikes? . thanks again Dicky

Comment

Whilst on the subject of the AGM, one of the people displaying a bike manged to leave an axle stand behind in the hall. That is now with me so if the owner would like to step forward .............................!!

Although there didn't appear to be a lot of people in the carpark looking around the jumble earlier on, the actual attendance for the AGM (and probably Badger's talk as well) was 15% up on last year.

Comment

Are you sure Captain !! not getting Double vision are you, well that increase on last year was ok , but we still could have done with a bit more attendance maybe next year we can push the get together a lot more with some advertising in some magazines, there was just about the same number of people selling stuff and that was good, but punters in the car park was not as good as other years

Comment

Agm

Is it probable that the numbers were down because of the round of the Greeves Championship. A number of members who are regulars at AGMs were not at the jumble nor the talk nor AGM.
            Mike

Comment

I set off for Kidlington on Sunday from Yetminster in Dorset (Badger Goss' boyhood village).

15 miles into the trip I swerved to avoid a dead badger in the road, hit a pothole and burst my N/S rear tyre. Modern car with low-profile tyres and no spare wheel, no option but to call for Recovery vehicle and return home until the tyre was replaced on Monday.

I was looking forward to seeing old friends and hearing Badger's talk but was disappointed. I hope for better luck next year.
              John A - 268

Comment

You missed a good one john-boy, badgers ventriloquist act was brilliant ( dummy looked familiar though )......
                But have to agree with dick, in that it did look a bit quiet, prehaps the scramble/double booking did not help.
                Still my attendance concience is clear & i think rob will agree, that nothing would have stopped me from missing the agm...........

Comment

Nice one Dave . Are you doing the 100 miler?

Afraid I didn’t make it to the AGM this year as it came third on my priority list . I didn’t even make it to Sproxton, which would have been my second choice .
                  Back in December last year we organised a family weekend away involving four separate households and this was prior to me having any knowledge of dates for either the AGM or Sproxton. In my defence and before booking I did have a cursory look through the previous editions of LL but could find no date for the AGM listed in “Forthcoming Events”. I’m sure it must be listed somewhere but at the time couldn’t find it.

The clash with the Sproxton event was unfortunate in that it was originally scheduled for the 10th April but altered later to avoid running on the same day as a similar event elsewhere. So an unfortunate clash of dates conspired against us.

In order to secure the venue for next year then presumably Exeter Hall has to be booked well in advance, perhaps 12 months. This being the case I wonder if it’s date could be publicised in LL at the earliest opportunity in the “Forthcoming Events” section and included in every subsequent issue. Then we are all made aware well in advance and making it easy to locate for reference should the need arise.
                  I did eventually stumble upon a thread for the AGM on the Website, but too late to make any difference and sent apologies through accordingly.

Looking further back through past LL’s I notice that last years AGM was a week later, 12th April. So unfortunately this years event was moved forward one week helping to cause the congestion in my case.

I had thought that being retired would make it easier to fit all my social activities into the calendar. Not finding it so currently.

Comment

Adrian, Mike Eady said at the AGM that next years 2017 Agm would be on Sunday the 2nd April.
                    Will be in touch with you soon as I need a pair of bars for my Challenger .
                    Simon (now Somerset not North Devon)

Comment

Hi Simon, many thanks for the info, let's hope Sproxton doesn't clash with it next year, both for their sake and ours.

Will send a pm ref the bars.

Thanks again

Adrian

Comment

Originally posted by scott151 View Post
                        Hi all.

Just like to thank Dicky for getting badger goss to do the talk at the Agm..

Brilliant and witty interview with the ex works rider...

Lots of good spares available and some good buys to be had..

Is the owner of the TFS frame number 151 on display today a forum member or a known GRA member? It's just I would like to chat to him as I own a very similar machine no154..

Scott151
                        Hi Scott and everyone.
                        The owner of #151 is a forum member, not sure about a 'known' GRA member though, more an anonymous member.
                        The axle stand belonged to the very nice MDS on display.
                        Kind Regards
                        The Lad
                        Last edited by justalad; 10/04/2016, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Yes Adrian, next year the Greeves Gathering is on Sunday, 2nd April!

I still have that axle stand that was supporting half of one of the displayed bikes!

Comment

Working...
                          X