Bristol Show 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bristol Show 2016

Just a reminder that the Bristol Classic Motorcycle Show is on at Shepton Mallet in Somerset this weekend (6th/7th Feb).

Les and Carol have organised a sizeable and well-placed GRA stand and have a good display of bikes lined up.

Do come and see us.
    Colin Sparrow

Excellent Greeves display at Shepton Mallet over the weekend. sixteen bikes!

Well done Les and Carol for arranging such a spacious stand. We even got one of the radiant wall heaters, always a bonus. The weather was rather against the show as it poured with rain all day Saturday, completely wiping out the outside 'jumble stalls. It also affected the surrounding roads leading to even worse traffic jams than usual for the punters.

Good tip - if you're going to the show in future years, always approach the showground going north on the A371; the traffic problems are going south from Shepton Mallet itself.

Loads of interest from the public, and the space we had encouraged visitors to come in and look round the stand. It made for an exhausting couple of days for the team on the stand. Good to see a lot of old friends; thanks for your support.

Key to this of course were Les and Carol plus Jackie Nicholas who spent all of both days selling the regalia. Many thanks Jackie!

We garnered a couple of awards. Maurice Nicholas with his 1955 20T Trials won "Best Competition (Trials and Scrambles)", and my 1961 H24SC Hawkstone took the Lew Coffin Memorial Trophy for "Best Competition (All Other Types)". The judges must have had a problem on our stand - it is a scrambler after all!

The pictures show Les, Jackie and Carol during the set up, a couple of shots of the display, Jackie and Maurice with the 20T and my winning Hawkstone.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 10/02/2016, 04:04 PM. Reason: punctuation
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Bristol Show, 2016

Thanks Colin for posting photos.etc. another Shepton show done and dusted,Our thanks must go to all the exhibiters who make Carol's and myself's job easy,you never let us down. The weekend seems to have been enjoyed by everyone. We will always welcome additional exhibits,just respond to the invite in the Oct.L/L yes planning starts then,Carol and myself look forward to 2017.and meeting up again. Thanks again from Les./Carol.

Comment

Working...
      X