Kendall Classic Nostalgia Scramble - Greeves Round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kendall Classic Nostalgia Scramble - Greeves Round

To all current, new and prospective Greeves championship riders. Below is an email from Dave Harper our series coordinator. We are trying to reach out to as many Greeves riders as possible – so please pass onto other riders not copied – and advise their email addresses for future announcements.
    Looking forward to the new season – let’s make it the best Greeves Series yet
    Cheers Kim Morley
    GRA Scrambles Rep

Nostalgia Scramble
    The Kendal Classic Club are keen to have a Greeves theme at next years event on August 21st and host a round of the Greeves Championship as its centre piece.

In order to go ahead I need your support, a minimum of 25 regulars and half a dozen locals would be the ideal line-up, failing this a minimum total of 22. You will get plenty of rides, as well as three Greeves races you can race in any other event either you or your bike are eligible for, including the clubman, there is no additional fee for extra races. With a week of events planned, why not make a holiday of it in the picturesque Lake District.
    For those of you with Trail, Enduro or Trials bikes you may be interested in other planned events,
    Monday 15th Road Run
    Wednesday 17th Road Run
    Friday 19th Road Run (ISDT Route)
    Saturday 20th Classic Trial
    In the marquee
    Bike Display & Concours
    Guest of honour Speech
    Evening, Bar & Band
    Sunday 21st Scramble
    This event could be a round of the 2016 Championship, or three open races, that would be up to you.
    I NEED TO KNOW YOUR COMMITMENT BY THE END OF JANUARY, IN ORDER FOR THE KENDAL CLUB TO ANNOUNCE THEIR NOSTALGIA PROGRAMME.

Dave Harper
    Greeves Series Coordinator

STOP PRESS: UPDATE 18/1/16

With twenty of you , so far, showing a willingness to travel to Cumbria in August it’s looking likely to go ahead. Would those of you who are able to commit to the fixture please respond to this thread before the 10th of February, if you have read this on a website and have not previously competed in the series, but fancy joining in on what will be a great Greeves event, and would like to discuss further please contact Kim - send me a PM on this forum - or via Facebook/Messenger for those on Facebook

Have any confirmation from dave h, yet kim?

Comment

News Flash : we are a go for the Nostalgia

Hi Dave , I reviewed with Dave H yesterday and we have enough interest so he has confirmed with the organisers that there will be a Greeves Championship round at this years Nostalgia classic .
      There will be a big Greevs theme running through the whole event so we should all rally round and get as many Greeves enthusiasts to the event as possible...

Along with Dave Harper and a few others we plan to take some spare Greeves to the event for "guest Riders " to join in.

Additionally for the other events I have 3 trials riders and 2 ISDT riders already who have expressed an interest

And of course the GRA Hospitality Suite will be in attendance !!
      What more could you ask for !!
      Reaching out to all now post on here or drop me a PM if you want to join in on what will be a memorable meeting and Greeves Gathering
      The first of two video's from the Cumbria Classic Nostalgia Scramble held at Holme Farm Sedbergh on the 23rd of August 2015.

Here is some footage from last years event to whet your appetite . Cheers Kim

Comment

Hi kim
        As long as I can get the saturday off me and dad will probably do the trial.....

Comment

That would be great Richard

The more the merrier ! Let's see if we can get some more of our trials regulars involved an put in a big Greeves show on the Saturday as well !
          Cheers Kim

Comment

Working...
          X