Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greaves feature at 2016 Kendal Classic

Nostalgia Scramble
    The Kendal Classic Club are keen to have a Greeves theme at next years event on August 21st .
    In order to go ahead I need your support, a minimum of 25 regulars and half a dozen locals would be the ideal line-up, failing this a minimum total of 22. You will get plenty of rides, as well as three Greeves races you can race in any other event either you or your bike are eligible for, including the clubman, there is no additional fee for extra races. With a week of events planned, why not make a holiday of it in the picturesque Lake District.

For those of you with Trail, Enduro or Trials bikes you may be interested in other planned events,
    Monday 15th Road Run

Wednesday 17th Road Run

Friday 19th Road Run (ISDT Route)

Saturday 20th Classic Trial
    In the marquee
    Bike Display & Concours
    Guest of honour Speech
    Evening Bar & Band
    Sunday 21st Scramble

This event could be a round of the 2016 Championship, or three open races, that would be up to you.

I NEED TO KNOW YOUR COMMITMENT BY THE END OF JANUARY, IN ORDER FOR THE KENDAL CLUB TO ANNOUNCE THEIR NOSTALGIA PROGRAMME.

Dave Harper

Thanks to Graeme Smith for posting Daves letter to all Greeves riders . This looks like a great opportunity to make this a big day for Greeves ... It's a long way to ho got a race meet but I am up for it ......cmon Higgo worth a long weekend the racing will be brilliant .... Craig are u and the clan up for it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
      Thanks to Graeme Smith for posting Daves letter to all Greeves riders . This looks like a great opportunity to make this a big day for Greeves ... It's a long way to ho got a race meet but I am up for it ......cmon Higgo worth a long weekend the racing will be brilliant .... Craig are u and the clan up for it ?
      Hi kim, i have rode up at the holme farm circuit.... ( superb track ) & well worth the trip, i`ll certainly be up for it........put me down as definately riding....
      Last edited by dave higgins; 25/11/2015, 07:44 PM.

Comment

I went up to photograph their ISDT ride that was part of the ISDT100 celebrations, and it was a great event. Unfortunately their scramble clashed with the Carlisle based ISDT run so I didn't get there, but I can imagine it will be a spectacular course, but I'm not sure it will be popular with some of the Greeves Championship riders merely because of the distance from the "power base" of Essex / Suffolk etc.

Comment

Nice one Dave !
          Brian fair point but I believe we will have enough of the Hard core who will be up for it ...... In years gone by when we travelled further afield to places like Coombe Martin we always got a good turn out with 15 to 20 travelling regulars and of course boosted by local riders .... And with the camping overnight a great craic ..... And do far I reckon we have 7 already !

Comment

Hi Kim,

It would be great to race up there, I've pencilled the date in on next years calendar. So providing nothing crucial comes up between now and January then I'm keen to go. As you say, a good opportunity to tag a holiday to it while up there.
            Adrian

Comment

Nice one Adrian ! And then there were 8 tell Punchy if he joins in I promise not to give him a Bear hug and will keep my elbows in when racing cheers Kim

Comment

Me and the old man should be in.....

Comment

Welcome aboard . Looking good nearly half way there .... Will be a great long banter and race weekend !

Comment

Definitely be there racing with son. Hopefully the "pit crew" will turn up too.

Comment

Nice one Craig ! Just heard from Greeves championship regular Ian Cox and he will be going ! Now we have a Footy team ie 11 ..... Won't be long before we have. Rugby team

Comment

Nice one Craig ! Just heard from Greeves championship regular Ian Cox and he will be going ! Now we have a Footy team ie 11 ..... Won't be long before we have. Rugby team
                        Fantastic news Kim, Your idea of an inter am rematch with the west coast boys is a belter. I should have two spare Griffons by next summer for them to use.

Come on Bearing man, jump on a plane if you think your fast enough !!!!

Comment

Could be a battle if Jim Wilson and Preston Petty go for it

Comment

Could be a battle if Jim Wilson and Preston Petty go for it
                            Ha Ha, depends on how much we de-tune the bikes we lend them

Comment

Kim, any more info on the kendall gig ie, runners & riders........

Comment

Working...
                              X