Copdock bike show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copdock bike show

Are we , as an association, having a representation at the show this year?

MikeV

No Mike, there won't be a GRA stand at Copdock Show.
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Copdock show

Could some thing like was was done at Popham be arranged,what a success that was and it showed the GRA in good health. Is there not any members in that neck of the woods who could round up a few bikes to fly the flag for the GRA? LES.

Comment

Pre 65 MX Club will be flying the flag again at the Copdock Show. Hopefully will be a Greeves or two amongst their number (?)

Comment

Copdock

Our member Robert Brown used to organise the GRA stand at Copdock, but he pulled out after it moved from Copdock to the Ipswich Showground. There were some issues I believe with the organisers over passes. I went one year & was told I had to pay even though I was taking my bike to show on the GRA stand, I refused to pay & just rode in, never been since as I dont want that sort of agro from 'jobsworth' gate stewards.
          Another issue with Copdock is that you have to pay to enter, they do say they will give you the money back on the day, but if you for some reason cant go on the day you loose your money, entry to exhibits should be free with no strings attached, without the bikes there is no show. Copdock has gone from the nice friendly show at Copdock village to a professional money grabbing event with most of the stands selling new stuff or non motorcycle related trash. The classic side of the show has been lost in the Harleys & modern bike side of the show.
          We at the Cambridge Section have been running our small show at Cambridge Museum of Technology in June for a number of years now but fail to ever get more than around 50 bikes.
          As Mayfield says maybe the answer is to take the GRA stand to general vintage vehicle & steam rallies like Popham. Most of these allocate a club area & with a large cross section of the public attending one tends to get a better response from the public, many of whom may have an old Greeves tucked away in a shed & are interested in talking Greeves.
          Last edited by John Wakefield; 01/09/2015, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Copdock Bike Show, October 2015

Don't know whether you've attended the Copdock Bike Show in recent time but it has grown considerably in both stature and content since its move to the (old) Suffolk Show Ground. There is indoor exhibition space and a large covered space for Club stands, and separate toilet facilities! The main outside Arena and smaller activity spaces feature largely family-orientated bike shows and skill demonstrations ......... there has even been a cavalcade of pre-65 scramble bikes on the past two years. The Ken Fox Wall-of-Death is a regular feature. There have been moto-ball demonstrations, stunt riding, display teams ......... you name it! More, much more than the big shows mentioned elsewhere have had to offer for a proper family day out, or even for the bike enthusiast to get their teeth into. And that's not to mention the usual acres of trade stands and bike jumble ............. separate and outside of the exhibition spaces!
            And, at the end of the day, the entrance proceeds go to charity ............ after the organisers have paid the rent!
            Come and enjoy!
            Last edited by johnrunnacles; 01/09/2015, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Copdock

Last time I visited the Copdock show as an exhibitor was 2005. I wont be going this year. Not my scene.

Comment

Copdock Bike Show 2015 ....... and the Henham Steam Rally

Meant to add, Bike Show will be on Sunday 4th October, this year, Folks!

............ and this month, 19th and 20th September, the same venue hosts the Henham Steam Rally. Similar to Popham?
                Last edited by johnrunnacles; 02/09/2015, 12:01 AM. Reason: Missing title

Comment

That is a pity, we had such a good result with the chasing around with e mails at Popham and it works! , It is a long distance from our area in the south but i am sure there are a lot of members in that area that would come forward and pitch in we have club regalia in that area with Colin, but i don't know what the situation is with Colin or any nearer Committee members in the vicinity, maybe next year if the response is there.

Comment

Working...
                  X