Battlesbridge 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlesbridge 2015

Dave Harper has asked me to let GRA members know about Battlesbridge show. It's on the 5th of July.
    If you have a pre 65 or pre74 MXer, not necessarily a Greeves, and you fancy having a ride around a short undemanding circuit then contact Dave on 01268 727287. Cost for the day is £10, it's all good fun and definitely not competitive (or shouldn't be).
    The GRA usually has a stand there, contact Rob or perhaps Dick F for details.

Druid

Druid,
    Many thanks for posting the reminder.

This is a great show and event - and a lot of fun with an opportunity to give your Greeves scrambler (or grass tracker if you have one) a blast around a non-demanding circuit, laid out in the show ground (so flat but twisty). Effectively we become part of the show! - but of course there is time to wonder round the autojumble and to see all the classics on display etc.

I would encourage as many of the GRA - Greeves fraternity to give it a go it is definitely one of the most fun days you can have on a Greeves - perfect for getting back into scrambling, or for dialling in a new bike re-build (so Craig we expect to see you there !!) - or just to give your Greeves scrambler a run out

Cheers Kim

Comment

There will be a GRA presence at Battlesbridge. Me! Hopefully there will be other committee members there probably Chairman Rob and Dangerous Dick.

There will be an area for Greeves bikes to display, hopefully with some cover. Just turn up, we'll be pleased to see you.

I'm not sure the offer to run scramblers around the circuit applies to riders who are not Pre-65 MX Club members, but usually GRA members get the chance to put in few parade laps at lunchtime.
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Good point Colin - Dave runs this using AMCA rules/standards - so at a minimum an AMCA Licence....however - Dave has accepted newcomers/beginners before (maybe as a Day licence?) - Either way it's the perfect day for newcomers to have a go. Let me know out there if anybody who is not an AMCA/Pre-65 rider. I will also contact Dave to clarify.
        Cheers Kim

Comment

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
          Druid,
          Many thanks for posting the reminder.

This is a great show and event - and a lot of fun with an opportunity to give your Greeves scrambler (or grass tracker if you have one) a blast around a non-demanding circuit, laid out in the show ground (so flat but twisty). Effectively we become part of the show! - but of course there is time to wonder round the autojumble and to see all the classics on display etc.

I would encourage as many of the GRA - Greeves fraternity to give it a go it is definitely one of the most fun days you can have on a Greeves - perfect for getting back into scrambling, or for dialling in a new bike re-build (so Craig we expect to see you there !!) - or just to give your Greeves scrambler a run out

Cheers Kim
          Hi Kim, just back from another business trip and still struggling to find a nut for my crank to fit the new rotor.
          If I get the 380 going then I will bring both bikes for there first outing if I am not away on another bloody business trip.

Comment

Dave tells me his intending to run the 500. I expect Greg will ride it if he's there.

Dave's taken the compression plate out, so it's now on 10:1 compression ratio and 50-odd bhp.

Could be a bugger to start though..?
            Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
            X