Battlesbridge 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlesbridge 2015

Now it seems that we have Battlesbridge again this year, How about having a road run around the area for members of road going bikes, it must have a load of small lanes and b roads in the area, (John ) Mr Wakefield this not to far from you, i am sure you could rustle up a dozen or more riders the more the better.

Originally posted by Dick F View Post
    Now it seems that we have Battlesbridge again this year, How about having a road run around the area for members of road going bikes, it must have a load of small lanes and b roads in the area, (John ) Mr Wakefield this not to far from you, i am sure you could rustle up a dozen or more riders the more the better.
    Not sure I could rustle up a dozen road bikes Dick, certainly not from the Cambridge section. The last time I went to Battlesbridge in 2009 the road run had to be called off due to lack of support. There are less bikes being ridden on the road now. When I went to the Buntingford bike show a few weeks ago the organiser said I was the only Greeves rider he had seen all day.
    The last time there was a large road bike contingent at Battlesbridge was the 50th anniversary run to the Thundersley for the plaque unveiling at the old factory.

Comment

Road bikes are not my thing, but i would have thought some of you road riders would jump at the chance of having a ride out with other greeves bikes, i don`t suppose these opportunities come along often, for like minded members to meet up & have a chat! then go for a spin......

Comment

Battlesbridge

Dick, is that a definite for Battlesbridge, if so what are the dates ?

Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
          Road bikes are not my thing, but i would have thought some of you road riders would jump at the chance of having a ride out with other greeves bikes, i don`t suppose these opportunities come along often, for like minded members to meet up & have a chat! then go for a spin......
          Short answer Dave there are not many ACTIVE road riders, in the Cambridge area at a rough count 6 maybe, and most have other make interests & are members of other clubs like VMCC, so they may not be out on a Greeves.
          Personally as I have said before these shows dont particularly interest me, I only get involved with the local one we run at Cambridge Museum of Technology to help the museum raise a bit of money, & of course promote the GRA.

Comment

But John, Battlesbridge contains Dangerous Dick on track! Surely that must interest you otherwise the home beckons! You can also bet on which part of the track his first 100 mph death-smash will occur!

I'm afraid these days, it is all a matter of keep putting out the reminders to get people to attend. Our local 'VMCC May Day Rally' today, (no entries on the day) attracted a mere 12 entries when it used to attract dozens. Mind you, that could be due to a lack of VMCC members due to the recent price hike. I am told that 1,000 members have not renewed so far and that was from someone who should know.

Sprocket - Battlesbridge is go as far as we know at the moment and is on Sunday, 5th July.

Comment

Reminder from Dave Harper

A reminder from Dave ............Battles bridge next Sunday 5th July - call Dave on 01268 727287...Looking forward to it and see you all there
              Cheers Kim

Comment

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
                A reminder from Dave ............Battles bridge next Sunday 5th July - call Dave on 01268 727287...Looking forward to it and see you all there
                Cheers Kim
                I'll be there, hopefully. My cast is now off, but I have to wear a big plastic boot for the next 4 weeks!

Cheers,
                Andrew

Comment

Working...
                X