Dirt Bike Show, Telford 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirt Bike Show, Telford 2015

Just a reminder that there will be a Greeves Riders Association stand at the Dirt Bike Show at Telford, 21st and 22nd February.

The usual good selection of Greeves competition bikes have been entered.

Particularly interesting are the two I have arranged to borrow and take along. Neither has been seen at a bike show before- apart from their appearance at Shepton Mallett two weeks earlier

The first is Brian Stonebridge's experimental NSU Greeves which he put together secretly in 1958 to assess the concept. Stonebridge sold the bike at the end of '58 and then went on to build the 1959 version which he raced in four rounds of the 1959 Coupe d'Europe. The '58 bike is still in use in pre '65 scrambling by its present owner, Barry Keymer, and has just been rebuilt and prepared for the coming season.

The second is the prototype 500cc Greeves scrambler from 1971. This bike, a 500cc two-stroke single with an engine based on the 380 Griffon, but with geared primary drive, was raced by Dick Clayton a couple of times and was potentially competitive at International level. Sadly the funding was not there to develop the concept so it was stillborn.
    Dave Harper owns this fearsome beast, having painstakingly rebuilt it over the last ten years.

Oh yes, I'll also be there flogging signed copies of my book...
X