Bristol Classic Motorcycle Show 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bristol Classic Motorcycle Show 2015

Just a reminder that there will be a Greeves Riders Association stand at the Bristol Show at Shepton Mallett in Somerset, 7th and 8th February.

The usual good selection of Greeves bikes have been entered.

Particularly interesting are the two I have arranged to borrow and take along. Neither has been seen at a bike show before:

The first is Brian Stonebridge's experimental NSU Greeves which he put together secretly in 1958 to assess the concept. Stonebridge sold the bike at the end of '58 and then went on to build the 1959 version which he raced in four rounds of the 1959 Coupe d'Europe. The '58 bike is still in use in pre '65 scrambling by its present owner, Barry Keymer, and has just been rebuilt and prepared for the coming season.

The second is the prototype 500cc Greeves scrambler from 1971. This bike, a 500cc two-stroke single with an engine based on the 380 Griffon, but with geared primary drive, was raced by Dick Clayton a couple of times and was potentially competitive at International level. Sadly the funding was not there to develop the concept so it was stillborn. Dave Harper owns this fearsome beast, having painstakingly rebuilt it over the last ten years.

Oh yes, I'll also be there flogging signed copies of my book...
    Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 28/01/2015, 02:07 PM.
    Colin Sparrow

Bristol Show

Carol and myself are always fortunate to be offered a good selection of bikes for the GRA stand,this year is no exception with six trialers,four scramblers and six roadsters. Please come and say hello when you visit the stand.Many thanks to all involved. Les.

Comment

Don't forget, it's the Bristol Show at Shepton Mallett this weekend.

See you there?
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Shepton

Must compliment GRA for a really good display. There were other greeves on other stands great. Nice to meet some friendly faces. I was wellcomed by Mike and Andy who both exhibited machines of interest the standard of restoration was high but I really had to laugh as no two greeves were painted the same "blue" so that lets me off the hook .Keith and I had a wonder round the jumble and were pleased to get some useful bits. Thank you to Colin and Carol for chatting to me. Some stands just ignore you makes you wonder why they came? Cheers Mikerwt

Comment

show

yes very good well attended thanks for everyone putting up with me mesuring daves 500 griffon and showing them my frame !

and a pleasant chat with mr Sparrow!

Comment

Well done chaps, I have heard the GRA stand was well up to spec!

Mike Tizard mailed me about the Lands End trial but this is what he also had to say about the show:

Shepton was a good affair today. The Greeves stand was ‘outstanding', an often overused word, but not in this case, loads of bikes (must have been 15) and the NSU/Greeves centre stage. I was well impressed Mr Chairman. They even gave me some cake!! Good chaps. We were also allowed into the Auction with no charge … yes free! Lots of lovely bikes for sale, only one Greeves, a real dog of a TFS sidecar with a 500 Triumph engine ….. rough as you like though!

So thanks chaps, you have upheld the good name of the GRA yet again!

Comment

cake

I HAD NO CAKE had KFC on the way home
              Last edited by greeves246; 08/02/2015, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Shepton Mallet Show

It was nice to read all the up building comments about the show, as allways Les and Carroll do a great job sorry but have not been for 2 years now but time goes quickly, maybee next year i will return down there, the cake that carroll brings each year is worth the trip just for that .

Comment

cake

agreed on the cake !
                  Originally posted by Dick F View Post
                  It was nice to read all the up building comments about the show, as allways Les and Carroll do a great job sorry but have not been for 2 years now but time goes quickly, maybee next year i will return down there, the cake that carroll brings each year is worth the trip just for that .

Comment

Working...
                  X