No announcement yet.

Red tape trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the replies - I'll have to get the welder out!

Comment

red tape trial

now i know why its called the red tape trial the secetary of the meeting (a great guy) has just rung to give me the bad news,apparently a madman from norfolk wanting to ride a greeves trials outfit without a passenger against all the solos does not conform to the rules and the clerk of the course will not even bend the rules a little bit . the lads who run the beamish think its ok and a few years ago i did a year of sammy miller championshp rounds with my trusty 56lb weight entered as a passenger called mr s weight, so i suppose that i will have to wish all you solo riders a great day out i was hoping to beat a couple of solos just for the fun of it so have a good ride and i will see you at a trial later in the year will

Comment

Originally posted by aa will View Post
        now i know why its called the red tape trial the secetary of the meeting (a great guy) has just rung to give me the bad news,apparently a madman from norfolk wanting to ride a greeves trials outfit without a passenger against all the solos does not conform to the rules and the clerk of the course will not even bend the rules a little bit . the lads who run the beamish think its ok and a few years ago i did a year of sammy miller championshp rounds with my trusty 56lb weight entered as a passenger called mr s weight, so i suppose that i will have to wish all you solo riders a great day out i was hoping to beat a couple of solos just for the fun of it so have a good ride and i will see you at a trial later in the year will
        Are you looking for a passenger? A real one, that is?

Comment

trial

hi andy yes yes yes please , i have sent you a e.mail about it will.

Comment

Andy - with the Scottish, if you want to be able to revert it to standard, we have the drawings to make the footrest sub-assembly and add folding rests to that.

On the other hand, if you are not bothered about it, lop off the ends and weld on a couple of the folding variety.

Apols for being slightly off thread.

Comment

Just a reminder that the Red Tape will be held THIS SUNDAY!

Come along and watch the GRA heroes bite the dust (again!).

Be amazed as Dangerous Dick unveils his 2015 programme of unfeasibly bizarre prangs and see the observers run for their lives (the lady down at Ringwood a couple of years ago is probably still running!)

The weather forecast is cold but dry and the course is fairly compact so you won't miss a lot.

Don't miss it!

Comment

good luck all you solo greeves riders on sunday ,and have a great day out , i will just have a quiet practice on my outfit up here in norfolk,will.

Comment

Great day!

I have loads of photos and a bit of video of the Greeves riders today - I'll upload it and put some links on here when I find the cables!

Cheers,
                  Andrew

Comment

Lots of mud, I imagine?
                    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
                      Lots of mud, I imagine?
                      Surprisingly enough, it wasn't very muddy at all.
                      Last edited by Andy Z; 01/02/2015, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Pics are here: http://s1175.photobucket.com/user/ot...20Tape%20Trial

Comment

Great pics Andrew

Looked a good day,

Well done to all who competed, nice to see Terry Sewell riding again

Scott

Comment

Great Action shots Andy

Looks like a lot of fun and a good Greeves turn out - Nice one......I promise I will join you boys next time round when my Bionic Hip is sorted !!
                            Cheers Kim

Comment

Andy...were any trees hurt during the making of that film?........

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
                                Andy...were any trees hurt during the making of that film?........
                                Yes, quite a number!

There was a nasty, slippery, rooty section where so many riders were crashing that I couldn't watch! I don't think that includes any of the Greeves riders.

Comment

Working...
                                X